Detailed Job Description
Provides accounting, auditing, and financial controls relating to college-wide grant programs or the college's contractual relationship with a grant source.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs grant administration, analyzes grants program proposals and budget revisions, and assists Director, Restricted Fund Accounting.
2. Performs fiscal and monthly opening and closing of grants. Prepares and files monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports for grants. Prepares schedules for grant agency, state and federal auditors.
3. Guides and collaborates with project managers and the Grant Administration staff regarding agency requirements.
4. Prepares reimbursement packages with invoices and supporting documentation.
5. Monitors grant funds for compliance with funding agency and college policies. Approves payments of those expenditures that comply. Maintains the computerized budget records for grants.
6. Assists purchasing department with grant requisitions.
7. Researches and assists accounts receivable department with payments received and reconciliation of grants receivable to accounting records.
8. Researches expenditures to ensure charged to correct grant departments and general ledger codes. Prepares general ledger entries for grants.
9. Monitors cash balance of grants and requests disbursements of funds from appropriate cash system.
10. Attends grants management conferences or programs as needed or as required by the funding agency.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution
[preferred]; preferably with emphasis in accounting or business.
2. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
3. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of computerized accounting practices and procedures; grant fund accounting; college procedures relating to grants; and auditing practices.
2. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office software.
3. Ability to follow complex directions; handle multiple priorities; solve problems; independently plan, initiate, and complete assignments; and make independent accounting decisions.
4. Excellent oral, written, and communication skills that demonstrate the ability to accurately and thoroughly communicate using logic and clarity of thought.
5. Ability to maintain good working relationships with college staff and outside agencies.
6. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.