Detailed Job Description
Provides a broad range of support activities including fiscal, communication, systems for Career Pathways programs, data reporting for student assessments and award of credits, and related administrative tasks in support of Career Pathways office.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs, coordinates and supports the communication, fiscal and logistical activities for the Career Pathways office.
2. Creates a broad range of correspondence, documents, and reports for the region.
3. Develops, establishes, and maintains systems for the programs of study for all career and workforce education.
4. Monitors and maintains inventories of materials and supplies and processes purchases for the office.
5. Accesses and enters data from/into the learning management system and departmental Access database.
7. Coordinates multiple projects and activities.
8. Tracks, maintains, and processes student records and processes the award of credit for high school students.
9. Verifies all necessary documents for award of credits.
10. Provides support to the program coordinator and participates in student and faculty orientations.
11. Takes initial action to locate information and resolve issues/problems related to programs.
12. Works closely with public school system to identify new programs of study and pathways to Valencia’s programs.
13. Visits and promotes career pathways at high schools and tech centers within the service delivery area.
14. Ensures accuracy of website procedures for online courses.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's Degree (preferred) from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Experience that demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
3. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
4. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment required to perform office functions in an efficient and effective manner.
2. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
3. Ability to network with others.
4. Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally, orally, and in writing.
5. Ability to organize work, prioritize multiple assignments, make appropriate decisions, and meet deadlines.
6. Ability to self-direct one’s work.
7. Ability to develop and maintain detailed documentation and processes. Ability to create and maintain detailed reports.
8. Ability for details with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
9. Ability to communicate with faculty, managers, students, and support staff (internal and external stakeholder to coordinate and complete tasks in a positive and professional manner.
10. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.