Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/27/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1344 - Unclassified - FT
Serves as a member of the leadership team in the Office of the University Registrar. Directly responsible for daily oversight, problem resolution, and enhancement of all processes within the Office of the University Registrar for academic space scheduling and facility utilization coordination. Responsible for database (Banner and 25Live) applications pertaining to academic space and event scheduling, including development of test plans and directing testing for system upgrades. This professional registrar position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of academic space and event scheduling reservations and the final examination schedule.
- Directs workflow and assigns tasks to the Office of the University Registrar support staff. Has significant input in performance evaluations of staff responsible for academic space/event scheduling.
- Provides guidance to faculty, department/division administrators, and students on all campuses to facilitate academic space/event scheduling through Banner and 25Live.
- Develops and disseminates ongoing reports. Directly communicates with departments and divisions concerning accuracy of the academic schedule and classroom utilization (e.g., grade mode compatibility, room capacity vs. maximum enrollment). Interprets and enforces University scheduling policies and procedures.
- Creates reports and analyzes data for academic classrooms on all campuses for the following University offices and committees: Physical Facilities, Classroom Enhancements Council, and the Space Utilization Group.
- Communicates, troubleshoots, enforces policy, and resolves issues with academic departments/programs/divisions when non-compliance occurs with the Class Schedule Policy.
- Manages the PAVER (Schedule Validator) application for all campuses, troubleshoots and resolves application/system errors, and trains administrators and faculty on the use of the application.
- Trains department/program/division administrators/faculty/student staff for all campuses on use of 25Live event scheduling and Banner academic/classroom scheduling.
- Manages for all campuses the online 25Live system and its integration with Banner using the administrator and configuration tools. Troubleshoots and resolves problems with both systems and their integration, including the server hosting the 25Live application.
- Creates the master schedule for all campuses and all semester/terms and enforces term and sprint module compliance. Directs non-compliant departments/divisions on how to become compliant.
- Determines and programs all registration coding which impacts registration dates/refunding for all terms/all campuses.
- Develops, programs, and oversees the final exam schedule, including initial enforcement of the final exam MUPIM policy, development of the final exam schedule, deciding group eligibility, accommodating student conflicts/space constraints, assigning classroom space, and publishing the final exam schedule.
- Resolves complex academic/classroom/final exam requests.
- Develops test plans for and directs testing of Banner, PAVER, and 25Live applications for upgrades, enhancements, and production issues.
- Collaborates with Coordinator for Curriculum and Student Success to troubleshoot and resolve departmental questions concerning course approval and course scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree plus two years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with increasing responsibilities. Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills congruent with collaborative management style. Experience in a Registrar’s Office or academic division/departmental office including functions and practices. Experience working within a team environment. Experience with staff training and supervision. Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted.
Knowledge of student information systems, Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Microsoft Word), University policies, federal and state regulations, data analysis, effective written and oral communication. Knowledge of Ellucian Banner SIS and 25Live strongly preferred.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.