Detailed Job Description
The Assistant Director of Procurement assists in the operation and administration of the Procurement Department. Assists the Managing Director of Procurement with administration of department functions, developing and implementing programs, supervising purchasing staff and preparing various reports. Serves as primary contact for procurement between employees, supervisors, administrators, procurement and accounts payable staff for resolving problems. Overseas the College's Procurement Card Program.
District OfficeDepartment: Procurement
Essential Job Functions
1. Supervise, train, assign work and evaluate the performance of personnel reporting to this position.
2. Advises and assists procurement staff, faculty, staff and vendors regarding proper procurement processes, policies and procedures.
3. Direct and supervise support staff in the preparation of the solicitation processes, including development of the scope of services and specifications, evaluations, tabulations, contracts and purchase orders to ensure compliance with the College’s policies, state laws, and regulations.
4. Supervise the College's P-Card Program to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures.
5. Prepares and reviews Bid award recommendations as required for Board of Trustee’s approval.
6. Assist in the development and implementation of procurement related training programs.
7. Assists in the resolution of issues regarding orders, cancellation of orders, change orders, contract modifications and other contractual matters.
8. Serves as systems lead for the Procurement Department and assumes the duties of the Director of Procurement in his/her absence.
9. Prepares procurement related activity reports as required, to include but not be limited to, MWBE Reports, Banner Status Reports, and other reports for the Director of Procurement.
10. Manages various databases to track current workload, including vendor and contract management software.
11. Prepares solicitation documents, public notices, in accordance with applicable College and State of Florida rules and regulations; Coordinates and facilitates pre-bid meetings and proposal evaluation meetings.
12. Assist in the preparation of documents and information for audits and public records requests.
13. Reviews master documents and files to ensure they are kept up-to-date, including but not limited to, the procurement manual, website documents, solicitation documents and files, and master contract list.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree [required] in business administration or a related field from an accredited four year college or university.
2. A minimum of two (2) years of procurement experience required; or a combination of education and experience totaling (5) years.
3. Supervisory experience [required].
4. Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Procurement Manager (CPM), or other nationally recognized procurement certification preferred.
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Thorough knowledge and understanding of institutional procurement processes, policies, and procedures and knowledge of contracting processes and related federal, state, laws, rules and regulations.
2. Ability to provide advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
3. Possess strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all organizational levels, including contractors and the public.
4. Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
5. Ability to work independently, exercising judgment, tact and diplomacy in all interactions.
6. Experience and coursework or specialized training related to governmental purchasing and contracts.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively operate in a fast pace, deadline oriented business environment with accuracy.
8. Knowledge of Valencia Community College purchasing policies and procedures.
9. Skilled in the use of personal computers, ERP procurement systems, and general office software.
10. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
11. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$42,645 - $53,726
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.