Detailed Job Description
Perform secretarial, faculty/staff assistance, student assistance, and clerical duties required to support the School of Health Sciences and its faculty.
1. Support assigned department chair(s), program directors and administrative staff in the performance of their duties.
2. Maintain phone coverage and greet visitors and students, take messages, relay information and answer questions. Handle high public contact efficiently and professionally. Have knowledge of Quinnipiac procedures, catalog, and the student handbook; answer questions within scope of knowledge and authority.
3. Review and route incoming mail for appropriate distribution and action.
4. Use Quinnipiac's Datatel system fully and effectively, including budgets, requisitions, and student record keeping.
5. Use University software to perform duties such as correspondence, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, reports, grants, forms and memos. Edit work for accuracy, format, spelling, punctuation and construction. Assure timely completion of all material.
6. Gather and enter data for the preparation of various reports/documents.
7. Organize and maintain a filing system for all pertinent department/program data so that it is readily accessible.
8. Arrange meetings as required, notify participants, and arrange for all materials, food, facilities, AV equipment, budgets, travel, and support functions. Handle travel for administrative staff.
9. Assist with the organization, preparation and ordering for receptions, open houses, information sessions and other University events.
10. Supervise and coordinate schedules for student workers.
11. Provide coverage for other clerical staff in the School of Health Sciences as requested.
12. Other secretarial duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Must be competent in Microsoft Office.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
Database experience desired.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume.