Detailed Job Description
Responsible for the operation of and performs repairs, service, and preventative maintenance on air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and related systems at the College.
Essential Job Functions
1. Services and maintains refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning systems by determining malfunction and replacing or repairing defective parts or components.
2. Installs new window or wall air conditioning units or removes and replaces existing units as required. Troubleshoots and makes necessary repairs, replaces compressors, fan motors, and charge units. Services and repairs air compressors.
3. Performs preventative maintenance on heating and air conditioning systems and other campus appliances and equipment.
4. Changes filters on air conditioners; performs plumbing and electrical repairs on heating and air conditioning and other mechanical systems as required.
5. Operates and maintains any other mechanical systems or equipment on campuses and assists in plumbing installations.
6. Performs other work found in the maintenance technician's classification as required.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience in one or more of the following fields is required: heating and air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, and/or temperature control systems.
3. Valid Florida driver's license [required].
4. Refrigerant Recovery Certification [required].
5. The College anticipates that the person filling this position will need to be available throughout the workday and, on some occasions, after regular work hours. Therefore, as a condition of employment, the incumbent is expected to be available by cell phone and is required to provide their current cell phone number to the Human Resources Department and to their immediate supervisor.
6. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
7. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of all types of heating and air conditioning systems, plumbing, electronic, electrical, and temperature control.
2. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
3. Ability to read, interpret, and work from blue prints, wiring diagrams, specifications, and operating manuals.
4. Knowledge of construction, assembly, adjustment, and maintenance of a wide variety of equipment.
5. Knowledge of all types of shop tools, meters, and other required equipment used in the trade.
6. Knowledge of the practices, methods, materials, and tools community utilized in the repair and services of refrigeration equipment.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$32,975 per yearDepartment: Maintenance Operations
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.