Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/29/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Coordinator, Regional Consortium and Career Technical Education (CTE) - Categorically Funded
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 7/29/2015 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: District Office
Start Date: 09/02/2015
Under the supervision of the manager of the fiscal agent (SCCCD ) and with input from the Central/Motherlode Region Consortium Steering Committee, the Regional Consortium Coordinator will propose, plan, develop, organize, implement and coordinate the day-to-day activities, projects, grants and subgrants associated with the Central Regional Consortium (CRC ) as part of the framework of the California Community College Chancellor's Office (CCCCO ) Doing What Matters Campaign; and including, but not limited to providing technical assistance to the regional colleges and fiscal oversight of the Career Technical Education (CTE ) Enhancement Grants. The CRC Coordinator will work closely with Deans, Directors, Deputy Sector Navigators and other stakeholders, in cooperation with campus CEOs and CIOs, to enhance regional collaboration and communication to promote Career Technical Education and Workforce Development within the Consortium boundaries.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Facilitating meetings and communication among the Steering Committee, Deputy Sector Navigators, Technical Assistance Providers, Deans, Directors, and other regional stakeholders;
• developing and implementing regional goals, objectives, and strategies as tied into the broad work of the Doing What Matter's Framework;
• developing agendas based on the strategic objectives and based on input from Steering Committee and other stakeholders;
• assisting with required functions of the CRC Consortium including the regional CTE Curriculum Approval Process as outlined in the Program and Course Approval Handbook (PCAH );
• developing and updating a consortium that meets the strategic goals of the CRC ;
• implementing and maintaining the technology necessary for keeping communication effective between stakeholders;
• writing grants to enhance or expand upon CTE programs;
• developing and implementing required work plans with input from the Steering Committee and other CRC stakeholders;
• attending relevant Sector events to support the Deputy Sector Navigators and Technical Assistance Providers work;
• attending relevant meetings (state, regional &/or national) to promote the goals and objectives of the Central/Motherlode Region Consortium;and
• other duties as assigned.
Include an earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university; OR a valid California Community College Credential; OR the equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency); AND demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Include ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and administrators;
• experience in coordinating, developing, planning, and monitoring all aspects of a large grant;
• knowledge of the fiscal and administration duties associated with grants, subgrantees, and contractors;
• experience maintaining records and preparing reports using current technology;
• ability to maintain minutes, correspondence, notes and Organizational structure documents in a method that is transparent and available to all members;
• ability to articulate the goals of the sector; and
• ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Conditions of Employment:
177 duty days contingent upon funding.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is $54,029 – $81,342 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the district offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance for employees. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents, a selection committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice Chancellor for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the Vice Chancellor and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants.
For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 226-0720, fax (559) 499-6007. For information on State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 1520.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
This is a categorically funded position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/630107
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.