Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/4/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Office of the Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences provides university wide support for graduate programs and graduate students within Arts and Sciences, as well as Engineering and other Tufts schools, and research administrative services to all faculty members in Arts and Sciences.
The Administrative Assistant to the Dean coordinates and oversees a wide range of programming and administrative services that are provided by the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, acts as a liaison to senior management across the campus, and provides administrative support to the Dean's office including correspondence, budgets, scheduling and day to day operations of the office. As first contact with students, alumni, donors, faculty and staff who telephone or come to the office, the Administrative Assistant to the Dean cordially provides exceptional customer service and builds relationships overtime. He/she handles or directs all requests for advice, information or assistance properly and efficiently and with the required confidentiality.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of three plus (3+) years of previous professional experience working in an academic or high-level administrative office
• Strong PC skills including demonstrated expertise in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Previous office management and event planning experience and ability to work as a committed team member and have a willingness to help out where and when needed
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, superior judgment and discretion in handling confidential information, keen attention to detail, ability to follow through, and strong organizational aptitude, as well as superb skills in oral and written communication, planning and organization
• Must possess mature judgment, must have professional demeanor and appearance and possess cross-cultural sensitivity
• Candidate must also be very detail-oriented, with the ability to hand multiple assignments concurrently and to work independently, efficiently and accurately within deadlines
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work as a team player; possess a positive working attitude, excellent prioritization, problem-solving and decision-making skills; confidentiality, tact, patience, willingness to help and diplomacy are critical features of this position
The Administrative Assistant to the Dean is the key contact or liaison between the Dean's Office and other units within the University. The selected individual should have strong organizational and communication skills and be able to work and communicate well with faculty, students and staff. A thorough knowledge and understanding of university and graduate school policies is ideal.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/83j7szh
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.