Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/15/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position performs technical and customer service duties in support of assigned Business Office operations.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
• Processes vendor invoices and initiates payments as assigned; checks for matching purchase orders and obtains payment authorizations; posts vouchers in accounting software and files invoices; processes weekly check runs and matches invoices to check details; researches vendor and department inquiries regarding payments; makes appropriate adjustments.
• Processes student payments as assigned; provides information to students concerning accounts; negotiates payments with parents and students; processes reports; processes staff, family and faculty waivers
• Processes payments for a variety of college programs and services as assigned.
• Administers and monitors daily restricted fund pre-approval charges as assigned; posts budgets; balances monthly reports; prepares Foundation invoices; posts revenue to Foundation accounts.
• Enters and posts journal entries as assigned; posts budget adjustments.
• Processes travel requisitions as assigned; prepares travel purchase orders; conducts travel training; calculates meal and mileage allowances; processes travel related invoices.
• Assists with college payroll processes as assigned; processes employee paperwork; sets up employee deductions; enters employee hours worked; edits and generates payroll; runs query reports; secures payroll check signatures; prints and distributes checks; generates accounts payable vouchers for benefits, annuities, alternative retirements, garnishments, etc.
• Processes financial aid payments and tuition refunds as assigned; invoices sponsors for student tuition and fees; balances student bookstore accounts.
• Manages purchasing card accounts as assigned.
• Balances cash drawer.
• Maintains files and records.
• Makes copies, scans documents and index scanned images.
• Sorts and distributes mail.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in the provision of customer services.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the completion of a variety of reports.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
The supervisor assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include generally accepted accounting principles and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related technical and customer service duties. Strict regulations and the need for accuracy contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to provide technical and customer service support for office operations. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and accuracy of those operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, parents, bank personnel, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience section of your application. Attachment of Resumes and CV’s will not be considered as a substitute for this information.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.