Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/28/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Nursing Faculty (Temp FT, with benefits)
Community College of Allegheny County
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Work location and additional information:
Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than July 6, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a temporary full-time instructor-level position with benefits for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Applicants with out-of-state RN licenses: A current Pennsylvania RN license (or temporary practice permit from PA State Board of Nursing) must be presented at time of offer. To submit for application and temporary permit, please visit http://www.dos.state.pa.us/nurse, select "Licensure Information" from the left menu and select the link "Board Forms/Applications." Under "Endorsements," select "Licensure by Endorsement with Temporary Practice Permit." Please note that the estimated time to receive a temporary practice permit is 3-4 weeks and is valid for up to one year. If you have any questions about RN licensure, you can contact the PA State Board of Nursing at (717) 783-7142 and ask for the endorsement area.
Campus: North Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
RN (current PA license); master's degree in nursing; clinical experience.
Applicants for teaching assignments are expected to have strong communication skills. Applicants are expected to have post-secondary teaching experiences; work experiences in the discipline to be taught; and knowledge of industry-related software and systems, including industry certifications, where appropriate. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Maintain five office hours each week.
10. Support the college's goals.
11. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech
Job Type: Full-time
Job Open Date: 06-19-2015
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: . The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.