Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/28/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Dean of Academic Affairs (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Leads, supervises and directs campus academic affairs.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than July 6, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: North Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Masters degree in education, teaching, counseling/student services or related field and a minimum of five years related experience. Expertise in discipline content areas including but not limited to business, the applied trades and/or advanced manufacturing, preferred. Prior experience as a department head preferred; community college, academic and scheduling, assessment, program development, curriculum and strategic planning experience. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong written skills required. Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Ability to work with different constituencies and foster a cooperative student environment. Time-management skills with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure. Strong mediation skills. Ability to multi-task, manage time and supervise people. Experience working in a union environment preferred.
1. Provides direction for the associate dean and other academic support staff.
2. Reviews and coordinates course and teaching schedules.
3. Assists in the promotion of the College and engages in leadership and professional development activities.
4. Reviews and coordinates instructional process and policies including the review of portfolios as well as program and discipline reviews.
5. Administers the collective bargaining agreements.
6. Monitors student enrollment in partnership with department heads.
7. Promotes assessment of learning outcomes in the classroom, in programs and for the general education goals of the College.
8. Facilitates and coordinates advisory board meetings.
9. Collaborates with other professional staff in the College to develop and implement policies, articulations and accreditation.
10. Serves on campus president's cabinet and appropriate campus/College committees; attends meetings related to academic issues.
11. Mediates academic faculty/student problems and concerns.
12. Keeps abreast of changes in disciplines and technologies related to divisional programs and activities.
13. Works with faculty to ensure that the integrity of instruction is maintained.
14. Collaborates with discipline faculty regarding curriculum development and maintenance.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Academic Affairs
Job Open Date: 06-19-2015
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: . The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.