Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/23/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position performs specialized duties in maintaining the college’s Cisco VOIP systems and networking infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls and other network equipment.
Responsibilities include: Load Balancers, wireless access points, backups, packet shapers, phones and voicemail.
• Manages the campus network infrastructure including
o Campus wide planning, design and implementation based on best network and security practices
o Configuration of Cisco routers, switches and wireless access points
o Security including ASA Firewall, Intrusion Prevention (IPS) and Wireless
o Backup and recovery capacity planning
o Maintaining web filter, spam filter and packet shaping
• Manages implementation of secure network methods, including virus and malware controls and firewall and DMZ configurations; monitors all critical devices on the network; prevents and troubleshoots potential internal and external security threats.
• Manages the campus Cisco VOIP telephone system including troubleshooting issues with phone quality and service
• Troubleshoot network and server issues for resolution to meet network uptime SLAs
• Monitors network security alerts and responds accordingly.
• Installs and tests necessary software and hardware in accordance with standards based settings and OTS Change Management processes.
• Creates and maintains documentation and diagrams as assets (inventory) are added or removed.
• Manages, configures and troubleshoots the campus pay-to-print system.
• Provides network and software support for the Testing Center.
• Manages the campus Cisco VOIP telephone system.
• Supports the campus pay-to-print system.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Advanced Knowledge of network planning, design and implementation
• Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager and Unity Voice Systems Management and Design
• Advanced Knowledge of network security principles, practices, methods, and technology.
• Knowledge of network routing and switching principles.
• Knowledge of wireless network development and maintenance principles.
• Knowledge of network planning, design and implementation
• High level network troubleshooting and resolution
• Project Management experience
• Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of computer hardware, software and peripherals.
• Knowledge of San Juan College policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Computer Resources Acceptable Use Policy
• Knowledge of Change Management Processes
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Network Manager assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include San Juan College security policies, industry best practices, and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied network administrator duties. Frequent changes to industry standards and technology updates contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to help manage the college’s campus network infrastructure. The position will also provide a necessary backup of skills and knowledge for the network in case the Network Systems Analyst is unavailable. Success in this position results in the provision of a stable and secure internal network that contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of a variety of college operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects and must distinguish between shades of color.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience section of your application. Attachment of Resumes and CV’s will not be considered as a substitute for this information.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.