Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
JOB ID: 1293 - SATSS - PT
Primary staff support for the Miami University Humanities Center. Coordinates all Humanities Center events, maintains the Center’s budget, maintains some elements of the Center’s event calendars and other basic website information. Communicates regularly with faculty and students, prepares special correspondence and reports for the Director and Assistant Director. Oversees production and distribution of promotional materials, maintains office files, records, and supplies. Serves as an informational resource for faculty, staff, and the public. Works closely with the Director and Assistant Director.
Provide administrative support to a director and assistant director.
- Make travel arrangements and prepare travel and financial documentation for dozens of visiting scholars.
- Coordinate event logistics on campus, including reserving rooms, arranging for meals and catering, and creating itineraries.
Maintain budget and supervise financial transactions:
- prepare spreadsheets containing the budgets of approximately 50 annual grant applications per year.
- supervise and track budget transfers between departments, working with staff in those departments.
- reconcile Center accounts and credit cards monthly.
- track expenditures related to Center activities, and prepare reports
based on the Monthly Financial Report generated by General Accounting.
- Manage external contracts and payments, occasionally using Buyway, the university's contract and purchasing system.
Assist with communications:
- Regularly update static features of the Center’s web site.
- Maintain the Center’s online Event Calendars, and work with faculty across the Humanities to help schedule and advertise events.
- Prepare letters of acceptance and rejection for applicants.
- Work with supervisors to help prepare other special correspondence and reports.
- Oversee printing and distribution of posters, event calendars, magazines and other print items.
-Serve as an informational resource about Center policy and activity for faculty, staff, and the public.
Serve as office manager:
- Serves as front reception for the Center. Greet guests, organize, and distribute incoming mail.
- Maintain office files, records, and supplies.
- Answer and screen phone calls and email inquires.
- Schedule meetings.
- Supervise student employees.
Other administrative duties as assigned.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent written and oral communications skills. Organized, detail-oriented. Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, follow complex directions, and take initiative to complete tasks.
- Demonstrated successful experience in records and/or information management, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to edit online content within Drupal and similar Content Management Systems.
- Accurate data and file management skills.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment, as well as the ability to perform basic data reporting.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and/or sensitive information.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.