Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/29/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The University of North Texas at Dallas, the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city, seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching focused university. The Dean of the School of Education will build upon a foundation of existing programs and establish the New Teacher Institute, with the opportunity to develop a leading evidence-based, undergraduate School of Education that will closely partner with Dallas-area school districts.
The Institute is being launched in response to significant achievement gaps that exist in the education of K-12 students in the region. Training educators who can effectively provide the public education necessary to close these gaps and substantially change outcomes represents a huge opportunity to alter the direction and prosperity of one of the most populous regions in the United States while serving as a model for other communities and schools of education nationwide.
The Dean of the School of Education will embrace the mission of transforming the lives of students, families and communities through providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow’s careers. The successful candidate will delight in creating a school of choice, where students are inspired to learn, educators are inspired to teach, and the community is inspired to support. The expectation for the New Teacher Institute is that it has local, state, and national impact.
The Dean of the School of Education reports to the Provost and supervises all full time and part time faculty, academic advisors, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a rigorous and advanced content degree plan for undergraduate students specializing in elementary, middle, or secondary education
• Work with local and national experts to develop the curriculum emphasizing content
knowledge, increasingly independent clinical experiences, training in proven instructional and management skills and strategies, and demonstration of data driven teaching and learning competencies
• Lead the recruitment and hiring of faculty for NTI, to ensure both student achievement and instructional coaching/leadership
• Develop and facilitate an effective communication and continuous improvement process among Program staff and faculty through regular staff meetings, conferences, and informal conversations
• Participate in professional organizations in order to remain up to date in teacher development best practices and philosophies and represent the Program
• Support development and tracking of expenditures against annual budget
• Assist in the writing of grants, proposals, and other financial documents; organization and implementation of fund raising activities for the Program
• Engage with an Advisory Group comprised of regional leaders and stakeholders, as the Program is developed and launched
• Work with partner school districts to develop strategy to recruit and enroll high performing high
school students into the program
• All other related duties as assigned
Doctoral degree or higher in Education or related field from an accredited institution of higher
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
If this opportunity is of interest, please email a cover letter and resume/c.v. to email@example.com
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.