Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/24/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Dean of Instruction, Career Technical Education (CTE)
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 8/18/2015 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: Clovis Community College Center
Start Date: 01/04/2016
This position reports to the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services (Chief Instructional and Student Services Officer) who reports directly to the Campus President.
Areas of responsibility: The Clovis Community College Center Dean of Instruction - Career Technical Education (CTE ) will provide leadership to an integrated program that will primarily focus on CTE Programs, academic and occupational education, and transfer programs.
• Provide leadership in working with faculty in assessing student learning outcomes as they relate to courses and programs in order to determine the effectiveness of student learning;
• Work with faculty and administration to ensure resources and staff development are provided to promote student success, professional development, and institutional advancement;
• Facilitate the development of new programs to reflect the changing needs in local, regional, and state economies in alignment with the Education Master Plan and other relevant data resources;
• Participate in regional occupational education activities and other regional or statewide activities including Workforce Investment Board (WIB ) to promote CTE programs;
• Prepare all Perkins and related plans and reports;
• Responsible for writing and organizing grant writing that impact instructional programs, especially those that deal with CTE programs;
• Provide sustained leadership in curriculum and program improvement through regular program review, evaluation and revision;
• Work cooperatively with the Dean of Students and the Dean of Instruction to initiate collaborative projects between instruction and student services faculty and staff to promote student success;
• Provide leadership for the Child Development Center- coordinate the state licensing approval process, facilities, hiring of personnel, coordination with CUSD , and budget development;
• Oversee the Entrepreneurial Center and work closely with the business faculty who are part of the Entrepreneurial Center;
• Ensure that all CTE programs meet regularly with associated Advisory Committees and that all agendas, minutes, and plans are kept on file;
• Provide leadership to assist faculty with the development of online classes, hybrid, distance learning, class scheduling, and training of faculty and support staff;
• Schedule teaching assignments and develop course schedules;
• Monitor enrollment and make adjustments to classes according to enrollment trends and fiscal realities;
• Establish and maintain partnerships with local K-12 schools and business and community-based organizations which promote and benefit the programs within the Clovis Community College Center;
• In conjunction with the Dean of Students, establish and maintain partnerships with nearby CSU's, UC's and other private colleges;
• Assist in the hiring and evaluation of faculty and classified staff according to board policies and procedures;
• Assist department chairs in the recruitment of adjunct faculty;
• Develop budget recommendations and administer budgets;
• Prepare annual goals, participate in planning activities, and facilitate completion of goals; and
• Perform additional administrative duties and services as requested and assigned.
Include an earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university AND one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment OR possession of a valid California Community College Supervisory Credential AND sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Equivalent to five years of full-time teaching and/or professional experience at a community college;
• Evidence of a commitment to teaching/learning and the vision of a learning-centered institution and community;
• Experience with planning, accreditation, and assessment of outcomes;
• Experience in a multi-college district with planning and communications;
• Ability to acquire and administer external funding for support of programs in the division;
• Experience with data-driven strategic planning and decision making;
• Evidence of effective planning in the management, supervision, and evaluation of the work of others;
• Demonstrated experience in managing financial resources effectively, including determining how best to utilize resources and managing budgets and expenditures;
• Ability to work effectively with persons with diverse backgrounds, including faculty, students, support staff, and administrators;
• Demonstrated commitment to participatory governance, consensus building, and team approach to management;
• Ability to use organizational skills that enable the performance of duties in a timely fashion with attention to detail;
• Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing; and
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Conditions of Employment:
224 duty days and 22 vacation days for a total of 246 days.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $110,231 – $137,527 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,001 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who submit all the required documents and who meet the qualifications, a selection advisory committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection advisory committee will rate responses to the interview questions. Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the President and Chancellor for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the Chancellor and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service minded organization and respond, as best we can, to the needs of our applicants and the faculty and administrators we work with in the District.
For more information, contact the Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 226-0720. For information on the Clovis Community College Center or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 5600.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/624561
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.