Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/13/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
JOB ID: 1205 SATSS - FT
Performs a variety of complex to advanced administrative tasks involving some discretion and requiring moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of Admission, Registrar and Student Financial Assistance.
Generally typical office environment. May require considerable walking, standing, or bending. May have periodic assignments which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant conditions.
Performs a variety of advanced administrative tasks requiring substantial discretion and independent judgement related to overseeing the over 25,000 calls received annually from customers to the One Stop call center.
1. Answer questions in person, on the phone, from e-mail, or written correspondence to resolve problems and address concerns from students, parents, faculty, staff and other third parties in the areas of registration, financial aid, student accounts/billing, and other related functions.
2. Oversees operations related to financial assistance, registration and student accounts in the call center; setting priorities to ensure smooth work flows; enforces policies and procedures; ensuring work product meets professional standards.
3. Serves as the direct informational resource to student worker call center staff; makes first line determinations; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties; forwarding more complex issues to appropriate individuals within the One Stop.
4. Functional supervision of the student workers in the call center; enforcing procedures and assigning tasks; assists with the evaluation student performance;
5. Assist with identifying pro-active initiatives to reduce call volumes; help to strategize changes to call center set-up based on call volumes and academic calendar;
6. Provide excellent service to all internal and external customers; ensure problems are resolved in an efficient and effective manner; work effectively and collaboratively as a team member; meet expectations in a fast-paced and dynamic; customer-oriented environment.
7. Monitors and reviews data entry; ensuring practices and standards of the division are met.
8. Assist with statistical reporting/analysis as it relates to overall performance of the One Stop.
9. Keep up-to-date with University and departmental policy changes, in addition to federal and state changes impacting the call center as needed
10. Other duties as assigned.
Requires eighteen months of coursework or training beyond high school and three years of admission, registrar or student financial assistance experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Student financial assistance, registration or student accounts/billing experience in a higher education setting;
Knowledge of and experience with Miami University, including institutional and unit policies, procedures and processes;
Call center/telemarketing experience
Working knowledge of Gmail, Google documents and student records software such as Ellucian Banner
Knowledge of unit's operations, policies, and procedures; knowledge of computer and office applications; knowledge of related state and federal laws, e.g. FERPA; oral and written communication skills; ability to work with people with diverse backgrounds. May require supervisory, clerical and/or research skills.
Strong customer service skills; flexibility;ability to handle confidential information; ability to work cooperatively in a team environment;
Demonstrated experience working with difficult people;
Ability to give attention to detail; possessing organizational strengths and excellent oral and communication skills;
Proficient in computer and office applications (Microsoft Office products; Google)
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.