Detailed Job Description
The assistant cross country and track coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division II men’s and women’s cross country and track programs including; student-athlete recruitment, meet preparation, athlete evaluations, academic coordination and training and meet coaching. Also provide administrative support as assigned.
- Assist in all aspects of the student athlete development and performance of the intercollegiate cross country and track and track programs to include:
- Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
- Instructing and supervising practices and player conditioning
- Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within cross country and track programs
- Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
- Assist with the administrative functions with the intercollegiate cross country and track programs:
- Coordinating travel for team trips, recruiting and official visits.
- Monitoring academic progress of student-athletes
- Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
- Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
- Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
- Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community service activities.
- Promote the University’s core values to student’s, co-workers and the University community.
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head coach or director of athletics
- Knowledge of coaching cross country and track techniques.
- Ability to motivate student-athletes.
- Leadership skills
- Ability to effectively work with collegiate student-athletes.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs.
- Ability to recruit student athletes.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Well developed interpersonal communication skills to deal with recruits and their parents.
- Certifications in CPR and First Aid
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Collegiate cross country and track experience.
Commitment to ensure compliance with all NCAA and University rules and regulations
Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student athletes
Previous coaching experience