Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/7/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Department of Social Work is a rapidly growing academic program consisting of undergraduate and graduate education, grants programs, an Office of Social Work Student Services and an Office of Field Education. Administrative Services Assistants support one or more of these areas through general administrative support. Administrative Services Assistants must be flexible, self-motivated, customer service-oriented, able to effectively handle multiple priorities and deadlines, and detailed –oriented with strong follow-up skills to be an effective professional in this position. The Department of Social Work Administrative Services Assistants must embody integrity and professionalism to serve as a colleague in a developing and evolving team. Although primary assignment to an office or area will be articulated during the hiring process, assignments may change to reflect the shifting needs of the department.
Administrative Support 90%
Administrative Services Assistants perform the following tasks:
• Provide general administrative, secretarial, clerical and office support.
• Assist with the smooth functioning of the office/department through organization, an attention to detail, collaboration with colleagues and a positive attitude towards being a key member in the development of the department as a whole.
• Maintain databases such as the field database, student database, etc.
• Provide customer service to students, staff, faculty, visitors and other community professionals through effective written and oral communication.
• Provide event coordination support for departmental and office specific events such as planning, marketing, organizing and other duties as assigned.
• Track office specific expenses/bookkeeping and processing accounting paperwork activities through collaboration with the Administrative Services Coordinator and/or appropriate director.
• Process payroll and/or personnel paperwork for office specific expenses and activities through collaboration with the Administrative Services Coordinator.
• Update departmental website as assigned by appropriate director.
• Assist in assessment related activity by creating surveys and/or through careful entry of data into various systems
• Assist with the creating of office specific informational materials through collaboration with appropriate directors.
Other Duties as Assigned 10%
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in an administrative support setting ( If you plan to use the equivalence option to establish qualified status please note: one year of education is equal to two years of experience).
•At least two years of experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
•Experience providing customer service.
•At least two years of administrative support experience.
•Evidence of bookkeeping, purchasing and/or basic accounting skills and experience.
•Experience planning and/or coordinating events.
•Experience collaborating with others on projects.
•Experience with Banner or related database system experience.
•At least two years of administrative support experience in higher education.
•Experience or knowledge using assessment tools and/or creating and implementing surveys.
•Experience managing and updating websites.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
•Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written format.
•Ability to work as part of a team and at times work independently with little supervision.
•Must possess the ability to behave ethically and in compliance with university policies and procedures.
•The successful candidate must work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com. Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
References refer to a list of three names and contact information.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.