Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Dean of the College of HSS and the Communication Department Chair:
-Teach full load of courses in the Department of Communication
-Prepare instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, exams, etc.) as necessary
-Maintain student centered approach to education
-Provide service to the college and university
-Conduct research relative to improving pedagogy or to advancing knowledge in discipline
-A Ph.D. (or ABD) in public relations and/or media studies.
-Evidence of skills in teaching a broad range of classes in public relations and media studies.
-Preferred Qualifications: An ideal candidate will bring an ability to teach in two or more of the following areas: Communication Theory, Research Methods, Social Media, Principles of Public Relations, and Case Studies in Public Relations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Through knowledge of and demonstrated competence in public relations and/or media studies.
Skills & Abilities:
-Demonstrate experience in and willingness to provide expert classroom instruction, curriculum development, and program assessment
-Provide service to the department and college through shared faculty governance, including departmental and school-wide committees.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
-Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a credentials check, an employment check, and criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at email@example.com