Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/4/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Campus Minister/Director for Worship and Evangelization supports the pastoral and Liturgical life of Saint Leo University as a member of the Pastoral Care Team of University Ministry. This is a 10-month, 40 hours/week position. It is part of the Department of University Ministry area and reports directly to the Assistant to the President for University Ministry
For the Music Ministry and teaching – (Masters in Music/liturgy)
• Acquainted with contemporary issues in Catholic higher education.
• Significant understanding of the essentials of young adult ministry.
• Proven experience with traditional college-aged youth/young adult ministry.
• Collaborative and collegial work style.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suites products.
• Ability to organize and implement events and programs that emphasize the mission of University Ministry.
• Ability to work as a member of a team in planning and executing Core Objectives of the department.
• Ability to make contacts and strengthen ties with students and faith communities related to Saint Leo University
Creates and maintains a pastoral presence in collaboration with the University Ministry Team, through availability, retreat programs, spirituality forums, attendance at University events, and a life style of witness to the Gospel. While key to supporting the Catholic identity of the University, also provides an inviting presence to persons of all faiths.
The Campus Minister is a part of the University Ministry team, supporting spirituality and liturgical music and life on Campus and Participates as a member of the University Pastoral Council,
• Attends weekly staff meetings, attends a bi- monthly one on one with the Assistant to the President for ministry.
• Participates in campus life, including student activities as much as possible.
• Works with the Ministry Mentor team and is expected to attend weekly Meetings and all Staff meetings, retreats and the annual conference for Campus Ministers.
• Fosters and facilitates ecumenical awareness and development on the campus and in the community by:
– Sponsoring Interfaith services on specific occasions – Praise and Worship Nights and ministry mentor interfaith events. Works with the Interfaith committee of University Ministry.
- Supporting/coordinating ministers of non-Catholic ministries to have a presence at Saint Leo University
• Enhances a vital, welcoming yet challenging community, where people are invited to explore and enrich their spirituality and its outward expression.
• Directing the Liturgical Choir which is also a credited course. Submits grades and attendance to the Department for Arts and Sciences.
• Provides two rehearsals each week
• Leads Music Ministry for the Weekly Sunday
• Plan in collaboration with the Assistant to the President for Ministry all liturgical celebrations. In addition the Holy Spirit Mass at the beginning of each year, The President’s Mass of the Assumption and Baccalaureate Mass
• Reconciliation services each semester
• The Praise and worship team
• The Christmas Concert
• Plans and coordinate worship aides
- Collaborates with the ministry staff in providing opportunities for prayer, worship, and outreach to the diverse membership of campus community.
• Assists in retreats for the Ministry Mentors and student retreats
A Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in social services /ministry, scripture, theology, or religious studies. Effectively use the Internet.
Knowledge of Catholic Liturgy and Contemporary Christian and Gospel worship.
Master Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Three (3) Years of Pastoral Care and Ministry
Instrumentalist playing the keyboard or guitar
Able to pull together a contemporary Praise and Worship band for contemporary and Gospel Music
The Campus Minister/Director of Worship and Evangelization has the ability to lead music and worship, while at the same time possessing gifts for ministry with young adults of Catholic and other faiths and religious traditions.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.