Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/28/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
JOB ID: 1251 - SATSS - FT
This position supervises student employees at the King Library Circulation Desk and directly provides a variety of services to users. This position may also troubleshoot problems related to circulation, reserves, and digital equipment circulated to patrons. Because this is a third shift position, this staff member will have a broad, general responsibility for King Library, responding to safety and security issues that may arise throughout the building.
The specific hours worked vary depending on library hours, academic terms, and special circumstances.
• Supervises 1-3 student employees daily on duty at the circulation desk, ensuring a high quality of customer service and monitoring for possible inaccuracies or errors in procedure.
• Responds to a wide variety of general inquiries from the public, applying a broad knowledge of library operations and services.
• Directly assists patrons in the provision of a wide range of circulation services (e.g.: check out/check in of books and digital equipment, collection of library fine payments, and sale of miscellaneous items; interprets, explains, and enforces library regulations). Responds tactfully to difficult or dissatisfied customers.
• Adds patron records, edits patron records and edits materials records in the integrated library system database. Troubleshoots issues with equipment housed in or checked out by the Libraries, including laptops, tablets, cameras, photocopiers, printers, and value transfer stations.
• Has full responsibility for safety and security issues relating to the facility, collections, and equipment, and to library users and staff. Will respond to problems that could extend to emergency situations (e.g., acts of vandalism, disorderly patrons, weather emergencies, water damage that threatens the collection, or fire alarms).
• Troubleshoots and resolves a variety of problems recognizing when it is appropriate to pass them on to the circulation manager. This staff member resolves issues such as interpretation of policies, discrepancies in the library's users’ and materials’ databases, missing materials, and responding to dissatisfied customers. Ability to deal tactfully with a diverse public is essential. Communicates with customers, answering or redirecting their questions via telephone or departmental email account.
• Part of the team that handles document delivery for interlibrary loan, electronic resource sharing, and OhioLINK including: gathering, photocopying, digitizing, processing materials, adding data into library software (ILLiad, Ares, integrated library system). Assigns tasks to student employees. Troubleshoots a variety of related problems processes and scanning equipment and software.
• Works as needed with other library service points, including the Center for Information Management.
• Compiles and maintains a variety of statistical reports.
• Trains or assists in training of student employees.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires twelve to eighteen months of coursework or training beyond high school and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Comfort using and troubleshooting technology. Ability to work in a collegial manner with fellow circulation supervisors. Ability to multi-task and apply good judgment in a sometimes hectic environment is critical.
Experience with integrated library systems and supervision of student employees. Excellent customer service skills. Experience in successfully operating autonomously, without the presence of a direct supervisor.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.