Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/15/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1225 - Unclassified
Serve as technical lead for managing complex infrastructure and integrated technical services providing the highest levels of availability, reliability, performance and service in support of Miami University’s academic, research and business missions.
1. Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining virtualization, backup and storage management systems.
2. Provides oversight and guidance to systems administrators in the support and administration of operating systems, servers and associated components.
3. Foster a superior understanding of the relationships and interdependencies of various technical systems and environments.
4. Identifies opportunities and develops custom programs and scripts to automate, extract information and perform routine functions and tasks.
5. Serves as mentor and consultant to Systems Administrators
6. Develops, validates, and disseminates training plans and standard operating procedures
7. Perform tier II and III systems administration, configuration and support of the university's Information Technology infrastructure environment. (Incident Management, Service Request, Change Request)
8. Identify opportunities and develop Linux or Windows programs and shell scripts for system maintenance and user support using appropriate coding languages.
9. Create, Maintain, Deploy pre-defined Server Images to both virtual and physical hardware
10. Identifies opportunities, researches and recommends new technologies, processes or models that elevates system operations and support.
11. Research and promote direction for supporting, maintaining and participating in the expansion of the university's Information Technology hardware infrastructure
12. Using monitoring tools, create checks for performance and stability within the university's Information Technology infrastructure.
13. Develops, manages, implements and participates in the delivery of performance monitoring and capacity planning services for university's Information Technology infrastructure environment.
14. Actively engage in and help promote a service excellence approach throughout IT Services
15. Actively pursue trends in the industry and professional development activities
16. Active participant in projects as needed involving departmental or cross-functional teams
17. Carry a mobile phone and maintain availability for on-call rotation
18. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
19. May teach an approved one credit hour course per semester on an as needed basis and with division approval.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
1. Experience with systems administration support and problem resolution on current flavors of Linux operating system
2. Experience in the administration of a large number of physical and virtual Linux servers in a complex and heterogeneous environment.
3. Experience with Administration of Enterprise Backup Solutions
4. Experience with Administration of infrastructure monitoring system
5. Experience with Administration of cloud based infrastructure.
6. Ability to effectively work with incident and change management procedures
7. Experience being a technical mentor to other system administrators.
8. Supervisor training either through a University or training institute.
9. Preferred Industry Certifications: Vmware VCAP5-DCA, NetApp NCSA, Linux+, Certified MCSA, MCITP or MCSE
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.