Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/20/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Director of Executive MBA Program
University of San Francisco
Department: School of Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Under the supervision and direction of the Associate Dean of MBA and Graduate Business Programs and the Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs, the Director of the EMBA Program manages and provides strategic direction for Executive MBA, in conjunction with the faculty of the School of Management and the Deans. With the Associate Dean of MBA and Graduate Business Programs oversee the redesign and reorganization of this program that is intended to provide professional management education and career advancement to mid-career and executive level working professionals. The Director plans, directs and controls budgets for these programs and other related resources. The Director will ensure that the EMBA Program is effective, innovative and driven by the pursuit of excellence. The Director of EMBA Program is the spokesperson for the program within the School and University and outside the University.
The Director of the EMBA Program will work with the faculty, staff, leadership team, and current EMBA students, to deliver outstanding service to EMBA prospective and current students. In addition, the Director of the EMBA Program will collaborate with other USF School of Management offices such as Academic and Student Life, Career Services Office, Alumni Relations and other internal USF departments and programs.
• Operational and Marketing Strategy – The Director will continue to formulate and implement a strategic plan for the EMBA Program that is in alignment with the School of Management’s strategic plan. The strategic plan for the EMBA Program anticipates the continued enhancement of the value and the reputation of the Program, which will be measured by a series of performance metrics. Review and redesign existing processes as appropriate, identifying opportunities for efficiency gains within EMBA.
• Recruiting – The Director develops the recruiting strategy, both short and long-term, and works with the Marketing and Communications Team to develop marketing plans and outreach strategies for the EMBA Program, including advertising, communication flows and Web outreach efforts. Serve as a representative for the University and School in public appearances, including information lunches and other information sessions, class observations, open houses, EMBA Associations, and professional organization events; interview prospective student candidates and provide feedback on qualifications and admission criteria; recruit and counsel graduate students on how EMBA and graduate programs can enhance and accelerate their goals, and on the requirements, policies, and procedures of admissions process; interview prospective student candidates and provide feedback on qualifications and admission criteria; develop relationships and play a consultative role in the admissions process; decision maker and primary evaluator of EMBA applications in consultation with the Associate Dean; play a leadership role in the smooth transition of accepted to enrolled EMBA and graduate students, assist with Kickoff activities, etc.
• Faculty – Drawing primarily upon USF’s existing faculty, the Director will work with the Deans in hiring highly regarded faculty to teach EMBA classes, and will develop and maintain a strong working relationship with program faculty to ensure strong communications and program functioning.
• Operations – The Director is responsible for managing the curriculum for the program; supervising program administrative functions; marketing and promoting the program; establishing rapport with students to ensure satisfaction with the program; managing the day-to-day operation of the program; and planning and oversee the coordination and management of the international study trips, including company visits and robust learning experiences and projects oversees.
• Community/Alumni Engagement – The Director is responsible for building strong relationships with the community and corporations through marketing and other programs designed to highlight the value of the Program and to assist in recruiting excellent students into the program. In addition, s/he will work with Alumni Relations to engage their support for the program, and with the School of Management’s Career Development groups to assist students and graduates in career development.
• Develop relationships and play a consultative role in the admissions process;
• Management of the EMBA Team – The Director will supervise the Program Manager of the EMBA, and the Program Assistant of the EMBA Program. S/he will have the bottom-line responsibility for all revenues generated in the program and will supervise all full- and part-time staff.
• Other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Graduate degree in business or related field; Minimum of ten years of professional experience with five years in a significant business management/leadership role; experience working with development of high potential employees in leadership training; strong familiarity with current trends in higher education, MBA programs and business education, business and economic issues; experience in managing/supporting recruitment programs at a university, college or company; knowledge of general management curricula, including familiarity with other institutions’ courses and programs; excellent ability to establish metrics for department and employee goals; excellent communication skills; excellent skills to work collaboratively and act persuasively in sensitive situations; skills in conflict management techniques; ability to represent the School of Management within and outside USF; team-oriented; ability to delegate, train and motivate junior-level staff and student assistants; commitment to effectiveness and excellence; excellent follow through and responsiveness; dedication to evidence-based decision-making and evaluation;
ability to travel locally throughout the Bay Area; commitment to USF’s Mission, Vision and Values. Tuesday through Saturday work schedule.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/273368
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.