Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/1/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
JOB ID: 1219 - SATSS - FT
Under general supervision of the maintenance Senior Operations Manager, the Planner/Scheduler plans and schedules for a broad spectrum of preventive, corrective, reactive, urgent and emergency maintenance work orders/activities, using the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) as a primary tool.
This position will perform initial job screening; analyses job requirements, conduct job research and build detailed job plans accompanied with a detailed schedule designed to most effectively accomplish the planned tasks. They will assist in the development of reliability based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance. They will also be responsible for selecting and describing the most efficient and optimal way to perform the job to include planning and scheduling for multiple levels and areas of maintenance.
This position will be responsible for developing, communicating and maintaining a workable multi-craft schedule to balance work requirements, production priorities, and maintenance resources within an area for Routine, Turnaround, and Outage work. It ensures the effective deployment of all crafts, equipment, and outside resources required to complete a job. This position supports the safe, quality, and cost effective execution of maintenance work.
Planning and scheduling of maintenance work requires a broad knowledge of multi-craft skills, ability to gain the cooperation and credibility of a wide variety of personnel throughout the organization, and ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with trades groups, management and customers.
Weekly maintenance execution schedule:
- Facilitate weekly scheduling with Production and Maintenance for resource balancing to ensure job schedules meet the timing requirements of production.
- Develop detailed weekly schedule for all maintenance crafts, including central support crafts. Develop 2 and 3 week look-ahead schedules.
- Validate area crafts, central support crafts, equipment, and outside resources/services availability.
- Provide input into staffing changes that may be necessary based on historical trends and forecasts, including shutdowns, outages, and turnarounds.
- Interface with Turnaround and Capital Project Teams to ensure coordination, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Assists in identification of standard task lists and develops optimized plans for them.
Daily maintenance execution schedule:
- Validate daily schedule (from weekly schedule) by conducting afternoon check-ins with production and others. Determine the status of current day's work and confirmation of next day activities.
- Work with the Maintenance Gatekeepers to handle schedule breakers based on process needs and the current business environment.
Maintenance scheduling metric:
- Collect data for daily and weekly schedule compliance, schedule breakers, overtime, etc.
- Monitor and track scheduling metrics and make recommendations for continuous improvements.
5. Responsible for the custodianship of the CMMS - Ensures orderly and timely transition of work orders from the request stage to the “schedule ready” backlog. Ensures that equipment numbering for all equipment exists and is maintained. Develops a PM program for every piece of equipment, in conjunction with maintenance management. Maintains equipment history. Works with maintenance management to review the history trends and makes recommendations for improvements. Analyzes the backlog, ensuring all planned work is prioritized and backlog relief exists. Responsible for the integrity of the preventive maintenance database.
Education/Experience: bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred plus a minimum of 2 years related experience; or related associate’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years full-time experience in facilities maintenance; or a minimum of 8 years full-time verifiable experience in facilities maintenance.
Proficient in TMA work order system
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.