Detailed Job Description
Design and produce a wide range of high quality college promotional material for print, electronic and specialty advertising applications using a variety of design software in an instructional setting.
1. Create and produce high quality designs for a diverse range of college-related communications including marketing collateral, electronic communications, print and e-advertising pieces, college signage and other branded materials. Must be comfortable turning around designed pieces quickly and be able and willing to meet tight production deadlines. Must possess strong working knowledge of the latest Adobe Create Suite software including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop as well a strong working knowledge of MS Office products and the print production process.
2. Work with the executive director, senior graphic designer and other members of the Public Relations & Marketing Department to protect the integrity of the college brand, ensuring that materials and communications produced by the department adheres to CCAC brand standards.
3. Represent the Public Relations & Marketing Department at project design meetings, providing direction on a range of projects. Serve as both a design consultant for internal CCAC departments/individuals as well as for external partners. Must be comfortable and skilled at working with a diverse range of internal and external constituents including faculty members, administrators, printing houses, vendors and other external partners.
4. Plan and produce a multi-tiered, multi-project production schedule in order to keep all projects on track, on time and within budget parameters. Work with printing houses and vendors to implement quality control measures and to negotiate pricing.
5. Oversee the department's photo resource library; responsible for cataloguing and sourcing new images and maintaining existing image base. Assist with procuring freelance photography and photo stock images.
6. Seek out innovative design in order to stay current on design techniques with the aim of integrating modern, cutting-edge design principles and practices into the college's marketing communications.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in graphic design, with a minimum of two years of experience in corporate/nonprofit marketing and communications and/or in an agency setting; higher education experience preferred. Position requires occasional travel to other college locations.
13 - min. $45,687
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 19, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) and its Board of Trustees are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment for all. College conforms to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment. The College CCAC does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry or place of birth, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, use of a guide or support animal due to disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran status, or age or use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical disability of any individual. Creating, supporting and sustaining a diverse community prepare our students to be effective in the world outside of CCAC.
The College also prohibits and will not engage in retaliation against any person who in good faith reports a violation of this policy, makes a claim of discrimination or harassment, provides information in an investigation of a potential violation of this policy, or otherwise engages in protected activity under the law. Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
College conforms to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment.