Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
University of La Verne
Assistant/Associate Professor of Organizational Leadership in the Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership Program (Ed.D.)
Job Description Summary:
The College of Education and Organizational Leadership at the University of La Verne, Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership Program (Ed.D.) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of assistant or associate professor to begin in the 2015-2016 academic year. We seek dynamic, creative, scholarly-practitioners committed to quality teaching, student success, and scholarship. The doctoral program is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC ) and is considered one of the most successful programs of its kind. Since 1976, it has prepared leaders in the fields of K-12 education, higher education, government, and nonprofit organizations. The core competencies of the program include leadership, change, and contribution as they relate to personal and interpersonal, team, and organizational effectiveness. The program is cohort-based and consists of three years of coursework delivered face-to-face as well as virtually. Honoring practice and scholarship, the curriculum provides depth and breadth of understanding and development culminating in a research dissertation that makes a major contribution to the field. The mission of the doctoral program is “to develop scholarly practitioners as leaders and architects of change who make significant contributions to the organizations and communities they serve.”
Established in 1891, the University of La Verne is an independent, nonprofit, comprehensive, doctoral granting institution in Southern California. The University serves an ethically and economically diverse student population and is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution. The University of La Verne is ranked as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report and Forbes Magazine.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to design and deliver high quality, state-of-the art doctoral education
• Teach and facilitate small and large group experiential learning activities in a blended learning environment
• Teach leadership principals and theories including applications to practice, and communication skills that promote interpersonal relationships
• Teach, advise, and coach students in academic research
• Participate in dissertation advisement and serve on dissertation committees
• Make scholarly contributions to the field, the doctoral program, and the university community
• Attend department, college, and university faculty meetings, serve on committees, and participate in other university activities
• Keep current in theory and practice related to program content
• Must be willing to work some weekends and evenings in addition to weekdays
Required Qualifications (All applicants must):
• An Ed.D. or Ph.D. in education with an emphasis in leadership or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution earned prior to 2011
• Have a depth and breadth of knowledge of pertinent theories and practices relative to program content
• Evidence as the instructor of record for a minimum of two years successfully teaching graduate/postgraduate level leadership courses
• Evidence as the instructor of record for a minimum of two years successfully using technology to teach graduate/postgraduate level online/blended courses
• Proficient in adult learning strategies both face-to-face and virtually in small and large group settings
• Possess effective interpersonal skills – able to work with diverse, adult populations in academic and professional working relationships
• Have a record of scholarship and research in the discipline
• Live or relocate to within 90 minutes driving distance to the main campus is required
Preferred Qualifications (Preference will be given to candidates with):
• Evidence of knowledge, skills, and experience in teaching/training leadership, team, and organizational dynamics and theory
• Evidence of teaching research courses at the graduate/post-graduate level
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented, and collaborative environment
• Experience or potential for advising and serving on doctoral dissertation committees
• (Chair) Experience in an educational leadership position
• Established research agenda as evidenced by recent peer-reviewed publications
• Active participation in academic/professional organizations
Location: La Verne Central Campus
Special Instructions: Recruitment begins immediately and review of applications begins immediately.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link:
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.