Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Sr. Secretary (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Performs a variety of administrative secretarial duties for a major campus department or division, which may include preparation of complex correspondence, reports, advertisements and news releases, developing filing systems and other analytical assignments.
Work location and additional information:
As an applicant, please anticipate taking job specific tests that will be administered if selected for testing.
Current CCAC SEIU Staff: Please be sure to submit a completed Request for Internal Transfer or Promotion form. Also be sure to submit an up to date completed CCAC application online.
Campus: South Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be required to meet the needs of the department.
Communicate effectively and follow written and oral instructions. Accurately provide and record information, and compile reports. Failure to meet deadlines could result in rework or delay.
Education and Experience: High school education and coursework in secretarial science plus three years of relevant experience gained through previous job related training or education.
Skill Requirements: Must be able to type 60 WPM and operate office equipment with speed and accuracy, including a personal computer and appropriate software packages. Operate equivalent, fax, copier, Dictaphone, and switchboard as needed. Should possess good communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable: Must be able to work in a general office environment with the ability to sit for at least 2 hours without interruption. Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and oral instructions.
1. Prepares complex correspondence, reports, advertisements, news releases and other documentation.
2. Develops and maintains complex filing systems for confidential materials.
3. Interfaces with students, faculty, staff and outside agencies to exchange information, provide policy interpretation and provide initial assistance in resolving complaints.
4. Arranges for conferences and special events which include preparing agenda, designing brochures and programs, advertising, overseeing registration and scheduling facilities and resources.
5. Compiles payroll for employees and part-time personnel; prepares and maintains budgetary and other financial information and investigates discrepancies.
6. Compiles data for contracts, audits, government requirements and college-side reports; performs related calculations and verifies work for accuracy and completeness.
7. Takes and distributes minutes of management meetings.
8. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Student Development
Job Open Date: 06-12-2015
Job Close Date: 6/26/2015
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/620785. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.