Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Director of Community Education (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Develops, implements, plans, manages, evaluates and administers non-credit community education/workforce continuing education programs based upon the educational and training needs to the community.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 26, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Position located at:
West Hills Center
1000 McKee Road
Oakdale, PA 15071
Campus: North Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in related field and a minimum of four years related experience. Experience with crisis and problem resolution with a large degree of self sufficiency and accountability.
1. Manages department budget to meet financial objectives and ensure profitability.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, supervises and evaluates non-credit faculty for campus, center and site based semester programming.
3. Creates, develops, promotes, implements and evaluates non-credit semester courses and schedules.
4. Researches, creates and writes curricula for new non-credit courses and programs critical to the mission of the College.
5. Manages day to day operations; resolves program issues related to personnel, facilities, public relations and customer service.
6. Provides leadership to manage and maintain a continuously improving community education program responsive to campus, center and community needs and interests.
7. Collaborates with administration, enrollment and support services to create efficient non-credit/credit matriculations, registration and course scheduling systems that are seamless.
8. Initiates, develops and maintains partnerships with community organizations, local school districts, four year colleges and regional businesses to identify educational needs and economic development opportunities as well as foster effective relationships through community education, training and development needs.
9. Ensures quality programming in compliance with guidelines governing community education by local/state/federal regulatory agencies.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Community Education
Job Open Date: 06-12-2015
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/620734. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.