Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Custodian / Laborer (Temp FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Performs general housekeeping, janitorial, grounds keeping and general maintenance duties.
Work location and additional information:
**ONLY REG PART-TIME CCAC SEIU EMPLOYEES MAY BID ON THIS POSTING**
There are three temporary full-time positions available lasting an unknown length of time.
Campus: Boyce Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
2:30 pm - 11:00 pm (two positions)
6:00 am - 2:30 pm (one position)
Must be able to efficiently and properly clean rooms, disposing of trash as necessary.
Education and Experience: High School diploma or GED.
Certifications/Licensures: A valid Pennsylvania driver?s license is required for positions that involve driving.
Skill Requirements: Able to read and follow directions printed on cleaning products. Must be able to operate vacuums, rug shampoo machines, lawn mowers, snowplows and related cleaning and gardening equipment. Must be able to make minor repairs, perform routine preventative maintenance, clean equipment and replenish supplies.
Physical Requirements: Involves daily exposure to dirt and grease in both indoor and outdoor settings. Frequently requires physical exertion to reach, bend and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to move, lift, carry and push heavy objects.
1. Performs a variety of duties in the following areas:Housekeeping/janitorial: Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs and waxes floors; machine shampoos carpeting; cleans walls, vents, screens, furniture, drinking fountains and other interior fixtures; washes windows, trash cans and glass doors; cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies.Groundskeeping: Cuts grass, plants, shrubbery, weeds gardens, removes snow and spreads salt as necessary; assists in painting outside surfaces, laying concrete and constructing fences and other fixtures.General Maintenance: Uses various hand tools to perform minor repairs such as replacing belts and brushes on vacuums; hanging bulletin boards, pencil sharpeners and other items; cleaning basins and yard drains. Assists in raising partitions; breaking up concrete, applying primer and removing paint from surfaces.
2. Sets up and moves furniture, equipment and supplies; empties waste baskets and removes trash; cleans and washes light fixtures and replaces light bulbs.
3. Drives campus vehicles to pick up and deliver supplies and materials; assists in loading and unloading vehicles and moving heavy boxes and supplies.
4. Performs work as directed by housekeeping supervisor or custodial leader.
5. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Type: Temporary Full-time
Job Open Date: 06-12-2015
Job Close Date: 6/26/2015
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/620709. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.