Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Graphic Designer (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Design and produce a wide range of high quality college promotional material for print, electronic and specialty advertising applications using a variety of design software in an instructional setting.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 19, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: Office of College Services
Bachelor's degree in graphic design, with a minimum of two years of experience in corporate/nonprofit marketing and communications and/or in an agency setting; higher education experience preferred. Position requires occasional travel to other college locations.
1. Create and produce high quality designs for a diverse range of college-related communications including marketing collateral, electronic communications, print and e-advertising pieces, college signage and other branded materials. Must be comfortable turning around designed pieces quickly and be able and willing to meet tight production deadlines. Must possess strong working knowledge of the latest Adobe Create Suite software including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop as well a strong working knowledge of MS Office products and the print production process.
2. Work with the executive director, senior graphic designer and other members of the Public Relations & Marketing Department to protect the integrity of the college brand, ensuring that materials and communications produced by the department adheres to CCAC brand standards.
3. Represent the Public Relations & Marketing Department at project design meetings, providing direction on a range of projects. Serve as both a design consultant for internal CCAC departments/individuals as well as for external partners. Must be comfortable and skilled at working with a diverse range of internal and external constituents including faculty members, administrators, printing houses, vendors and other external partners.
4. Plan and produce a multi-tiered, multi-project production schedule in order to keep all projects on track, on time and within budget parameters. Work with printing houses and vendors to implement quality control measures and to negotiate pricing.
5. Oversee the department's photo resource library; responsible for cataloguing and sourcing new images and maintaining existing image base. Assist with procuring freelance photography and photo stock images.
6. Seek out innovative design in order to stay current on design techniques with the aim of integrating modern, cutting-edge design principles and practices into the college's marketing communications.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Public Relations and Marketing
Job Open Date: 06-05-2015
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/615731. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.