Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Learning Specialist (Temp PT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Plan, coordinate and implement Perkins services for the Career and Technical Education program for students with disabilities.
Work location and additional information:
This is a grant funded temporary part-time position without benefits.
Campus: North Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 2:15 pm.
Bachelor's in Education or related field (Master's Degree preferred), minimum two years professional experience dealing with post-secondary students with disabilities (community college experience preferred), and experience in interpreting psychological testing.
1. Participate in College-wide Career and Technical Education (CTE) plans for CTE students with disabilities.
2. Provide assessment and learning evaluation for CTE students with learning disabilities, ADD, and ADHD, and determine support services required.
3. Interpret existing testing results and assist in developing educational plan for CTE students with disabilities.
4. Assist in acquisition and updating of resource materials related to learning disabilities.
5. Assist CTE students with disabilities to prepare for employment by conducting workshops and skills training.
6. Assist CTE students with disabilities in improving academic performance by facilitating students study skills, note taking, time-management and other academic skills.
7. Support the college's goals, along with the goals of the Perkins Career and Technical Education grant.
8. Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of CTE student interactions via the various databases utilized by the Perkins Grant.
9. Perform other Perkins-related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Temporary Part-time
Department: Supportive Services
Job Open Date: 06-05-2015
Job Close Date: 6/19/2015
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/615671. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.