Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Employment Specialist (Temp PT)
Community College of Allegheny County
To provide core workforce development services to both job seekers and employers. To provide job search assistance to career students, as required by the Perkins Grant.
Work location and additional information:
This is a grant funded temporary part-time position without benefits.
Hourly rate is $16.00
Campus: North Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or a related field and experience in career services, job development, or job placement. Experience working with diverse populations, knowledge of the Pittsburgh job market as well as community support services. Must have strong written and oral communication skills and organizational skills.
1. Learn and utilize Career Services' processes, procedures and technology.
2. Keep knowledgeable about training and education opportunities as well as community resources and support systems.
3. Provide job search assistance via individual appointments, workshops, classroom presentations, telephone, email and the other emerging communication technologies.
4. Market career services activities internally to students, staff and faculty and externally to community organizations and local businesses.
5. Facilitate communication and collaboration with faculty, administration, and job seekers to keep all parties current on employment issues, processes, expectations, and opportunities.
6. Coordinate the Cooperative Education program and keep informed about internship opportunities.
7. Provide services to employers such as job postings, opportunities to recruit, candidate referral, and space for interviewing.
8. Support the overall Career Services' and Grant goals and objectives by remaining flexible and adjusting services to meet requirements.
9. Maintain data/records and generate reports as needed by the College and the Grant.
10. Provide services to students in the evenings and on weekends as assigned.
11. Facilitate services in the Career Resource Center.
12. Participate on campus and system-wide committees as needed and requested.
13. Participate in staff development.
14. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Temporary Part-time
Department: Job Placement and Career Services
Job Open Date: 06-05-2015
Job Close Date: 6/19/2015
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/615611. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.