Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Program & Student Services Coordinator- ABE/GED Program (Grant FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Provide program coordination and transition support services for program participants. This position fulfills a dual role as program director, responsible for the overall coordination, administration and instructional leadership of the program, and case manager, providing case management services for participants.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 12, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a grant funded full-time position with benefits. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding.
Funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Postsecondary and Adult Education, the Adult Basic and Literacy Grant will provide adult education and literacy services in order to assist adults to become literate and obtain the knowledge and skills necessary for employment and self-sufficiency, assist adults who are parents to obtain the educational skills necessary to become full partners in the educational development of their children and assist adults in the completion of a secondary school education.
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in Education, Social Services or related field and minimum 2 years experience in the classroom teaching and working with disadvantaged students and adults returning to education in post-secondary or some combination of skills and background. Prefers strong listening, written and oral communication and technology skills; program and case management and staff supervision and technology skills required.
1. Program Director responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Adult Education's Adult Education and Family Literacy Guidelines and policies.
- Provides adequate staffing for the program.
- Provides agency-specific orientation for new staff.
- Provides fiscal oversight of grant budgets and program expenditures.
- Provides leadership in program improvement/program development.
- Coordinates adult education services in the Local Workforce Investment Area.
- Maintains contact with institutions of postsecondary education and training, local businesses and community service organizations.
2. Case Manager responsibilities:
- Participates in program orientation, reviews student goals and analyzes student assessments.
- Coordinates with program's intake specialist and instructors.
- Makes referrals to other community resources/agencies.
- Assists program participants with addressing barriers to program attendance.
- Provides students with access to resources to assist with transition to workforce or postsecondary education/training.
- Documents counseling activities and hours.
3. Participates in local, regional and state meetings as required.
4. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Grant-funded Full-time
Department: Campus Presidents Office
Job Open Date: 05-29-2015
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: . The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.