Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
University of La Verne
Web Content Specialist
Job Description Summary:
The Web Content Specialist will work with the university web team to curate, develop, support, and facilitate content creation for the university's website, social media platforms, calendars, email newsletters, and other online communication vehicles. Reporting directly to the Director of Digital Marketing Communications, this position will focus on Regional and Online Campuses (ROC ) and will assist other departments as needed. The specialist will possess strong writing, editing, and organizational skills and have a strong working knowledge of HTML and graphic design.
• Collect, write, and edit copy for all Regional and Online Campuses (ROC ) – including websites, social media, and digital publications – and coordinates with other members of the ROC administrative team to keep digital material up-to-date. Proofreads and edits material to ensure that language is compelling and achieves the marketing objectives of each campus and online program. to them in all web projects.
• Regularly audit other departmental websites and create, edit, reorganize, and improve upon content as necessary. Serve as a liaison with departmental contacts to ensure digital content is up-to-date and is consistent with established style and graphics standards.
Design new site templates and associated functionality based upon user requirements.
• Develop social media campaigns for various Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and other accounts. Track and measure programs to understand effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement.
• Prepare social media and web analytics reports for ROC and web team, using the information to help inform goals, policy, strategy, and decision-making.
• Support all aspects of ROC and other University digital marketing campaigns.
• Complete special projects for web content such as creating new forms, building slideshows, and customizing page layouts.
• Enhance professional knowledge and skills by attending seminars/workshops.
• Perform other work and related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design or Information Technology.
• Web publishing/production, advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field. (minimum 2-4 years)
• Managing and analyzing Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. accounts. (minimum 2-4 years)
• HTML , Cascading Style Sheets (CSS ), and an image editing program. (minimum 2-4 years)
• Excellent communication, verbal and written skills; interpersonal skills; and organizational skills.
• Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Dreamweaver and Photoshop to write code and prepare graphics.
• Knowledge of information architecture and web practices to make recommendations on digital content organization, hierarchy and presentation.
• Experience with WordPress, particularly in a multi-site environment.
• Experience designing and sending HTML emails using Exact Target or a similar email platform.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link:
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.