Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 7/2/2015
The Budget Office at West Valley College is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Financial Analyst.
West Valley College, though just minutes from the heart of the Silicon Valley, is in a beautiful park-like setting on 143 wooded acres. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
Under direction of an assigned supervisor, perform professional work related to the development, analysis, modification and maintenance of the budget system; develop and maintain computer data bases related to the budget; prepare a variety of reports, charts, graphs and tables to facilitate the budget process.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
64% of full time, 24 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of July 22, 2015. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA ), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
PLEASE NOTE :
We have begun a district-wide classification study of all regular, non-faculty staff positions. A classification study is a process of studying, analyzing, and describing the nature and level of work performed by employees. This classification study will ultimately produce uniform job descriptions for every employee.
The classification study will also include a compensation study that will provide information on what other employers pay employees who are performing similar duties. The District will use this information to ensure that our employees are adequately compensated.
The classification study started in November 2014 and is expected to take approximately 9-12 months to complete. As a result of this study, it is possible for the job description and/or compensation to change in this position opening.
Salary and Benefits:
• Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,233–$3,534 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 68, Steps A-C, prorated for 64% of full time).
• Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents (prorated for employees working less than 100% of full-time).
• Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
• Voluntary life insurance.
• 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
• Up to 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (prorated for employees working less than 100% and 12 months).
• 12 days sick leave accrued annually (prorated for employees working less than 100% and 12 months).
• Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
• Educational growth incentive program from $35 to $175 monthly.
• $500 longevity award annually after 15 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 20 years of service.
• CalPERS retirement.
• Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Any combination equivalent to:
1. Education – Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or closely related field;
2. Experience – Two years of increasingly responsible financial record keeping
experience including experience in budget development and tracking;
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic,
cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required for the position.
• Develop, modify and maintain budget databases; maintain data related to the general ledger, payroll, health benefit charges and other accounts.
• Prepare periodic budget summaries for special accounts; develop projections; record, track and audit expenditures, expense accounts and purchase requisitions.
• Prepare charts, graphs, tables and related materials to assist in budget planning and special projects.
• Initiate and process budget changes and expense transfers; establish new budget accounts; reconcile and adjust accounts as appropriate.
• Identify and resolve budget discrepancies; track financial transactions and correct databases and related records.
• Assist program managers with special budget reports and provide technical assistance as requested regarding expenditure coding, budget formats and established policies and procedures.
• Develop and prepare financial statements, periodic reports and other materials related *the budget process.
• Download mainframe data to update budget records; backup and transfer data to microcomputer equipment as appropriate.
• Operate microcomputers, printers and other office machines; access mainframe data and utilize word processing, spreadsheet and database management software.
• Maintain current knowledge of technological advancements in the data processing field.
• Serve on budget–related committees and recommend computer hardware and software purchases as requested.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/620460
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.