Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Part-Time LVNRN Nursing Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART -TIME , ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor in Nursing. The work assignment could include theory and clinical courses in the LVN to RN program. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the Association of College Educators (ACE ).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $18,548-$22,029 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
The Board of Registered Nursing (BRN ) faculty qualifications states the candidate must have the following:
1. Education – Possess any one of the following:
• Master’s in nursing; OR
• Bachelor’s in nursing AND master’s in health education or health science; OR
• A valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in Nursing; OR
• The equivalent of the above.
2. Current valid California Board of Registered Nursing License (CA BRN )
3. Direct patient care experience within the previous five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she is assigned, which can be met by:
• One (1) year’s continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area; OR
• One (1) academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrate clinical competency; AND
• Completion of at least one (1) year’s experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes practice in teaching registered nursing.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
• Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities, evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught.
• Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
• Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
• Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
• Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
• Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
• Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
• Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
• Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
• Work cooperatively within the college community.
• Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
• Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
• Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/201522084
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.