Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/13/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for directing the college’s business operations, including budget processes, internal and external financial reporting, auditing processes, and cash management.
• Develops the institutional budget; collaborates with department budget monitors, deans, other college administrators, and the budget committee to develop a balanced budget that addresses equipment, personnel and operating needs.
• Chairs the college budget committee.
• Presents budget recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval.
• Formats budgets in conformity with New Mexico Higher Education Department requirements and submits for state approval.
• Coordinates audits and annual reports; calculates various year-end journal entries; collaborates with external auditors; organizes and publishes financial information into required formats.
• Processes monthly financials; calculates necessary final journal entries; reviews financial statements and investigates abnormalities; presents financials to the Board of Trustees as required.
• Coordinates external reporting; calculates and submits required regular and special reports to the New Mexico Higher Education Department.
• Hires, trains, assigns, directs, schedules, supervises, evaluates and disciplines personnel.
• Develops tools to monitor and forecast the institution’s cash needs and sources of funds; researches and ensures appropriate investment activities.
• Evaluates and establishes internal controls sufficient to protect the institution’s assets; maintains the integrity of internal controls by communicating with appropriate personnel.
• Develops reporting processes to extract pertinent data to analyze various topics of concern; analyzes results, develops ideas to resolve concerns, and communicates the same to Vice Presidents for their consideration and approval.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of state and federal financial reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of specialized fund accounting.
• Knowledge of New Mexico Higher Education Department policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Yellow Book Government Auditing Standards.
• Knowledge of budget management principles.
• Knowledge of cash management principles.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) guidelines.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in organization and project management.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
The Vice President of Administrative Services assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include the college employee handbook, GAAP, GASB standards, Yellowbook standards, New Mexico Higher Education Department guidelines, and college policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application. This position develops department guidelines.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied management, accounting and supervisory duties. Strict regulations and the need for accuracy contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to direct the college’s budget, internal and external financial reporting, auditing, and cash management functions. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of those functions.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, vendors, auditors, attorneys, bankers, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over various Business Office personnel.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience section of your application. Attachment of Resumes and CV’s will not be considered as a substitute for this information.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.