Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1173. The Web Development Specialist participates in the production of the Web and online projects, with main responsibilities involving designing, building, and troubleshooting web pages for constituents across campus, while adhering to standards and promoting institutional brand. In addition to a strong attention to detail, the candidate must be adept at juggling multiple assignments and producing quality work under tight deadlines.
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of web communications for Miami University
- Build, organize, and update pages within Miami's content management systems
- Test and ensure cross-browser and cross-platform quality
- Ensure page content meets minimum accessibility guidelines
- Take direction for and develop design elements
- Provide ongoing support for clients with general web development and maintenance needs
- Add users and create reports in Google Analytics
- Assist with CMS-client training
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Interactive Media, or related field
- Working knowledge of HTML 5, CSS 3, and related basic Web technologies
- Knowledge of 508 Accessibility Standards and practical compliance
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO techniques and best practices
- Organization skills that include strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with a broad range of campus constituencies
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in creating new functionality, while also maintaining a collaborative relationship with University Communications and Marketing staff
- A minimum of one year's experience in the design, development, and management of complex websites
- Demonstrated knowledge of WAI-ARIA authoring
- Experience working with photographers, videographers, and IT specialties
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality web sites that communicate to key audiences/constituents
- Demonstrated knowledge of an experience using web content management systems (preferably Cascade Server, WordPress, and Drupal)
- Experience with large scale website redesign
- Knowledge of both Windows and Macintosh environment
- Demonstrated experience with Google Analytics
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.