Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/11/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The College Completion Specialist serves as Metropolitan State University of Denver's front-line officer providing guidance regarding enrollment procedures as well as initial academic advising for returning adult students who are close to completing a degree. The incumbent also provides similar services to current Metro students who have earned 135 or more credit hours without completing a degree. The College Completion Specialist initiates and maintains contact with both cohorts of students, conducts intake, provides initial advising, and offers information and support, making referrals to campus resources as appropriate. The College Completion Specialist will work closely with the three Schools, the academic departments and all administrative units in order to identify and resolve any issues impeding graduation for these students.
* Manage all activities of the College Completion program, under the supervision of the Director of the Center for Individualized Learning.
* Contact on an annual basis all students at Metro who have earned 135 or more credit hours in order to help them assess their progress toward graduation.
* Conduct outreach on an ongoing basis to readmitted students, previously enrolled students and others who may be interested in completing an unfinished degree
* Provide incoming/returning students all necessary information, assistance in locating resources, and support in restarting a college degree.
* Conduct initial intake interviews and offer basic advising for incoming students, including a thorough review of CAPP reports and transcripts, and referrals to appropriate offices on campus for additional resources.
* Discuss options for college completion and provide support as students develop a plan for graduation.
* Gather initial student data through appropriate instruments including surveys, pre- and post-enrollment questionnaires, and interviews. Follow through with mid-point and terminal data collection, including exit interviews.
* Contact and work with faculty, department chairs, Deans, and other administrators as necessary to address student needs in support of college completion.
* Develop and maintain a website with resources and support for college completion; prepare and maintain a resource guide for returning adult students.
* Determine best practices for adult student success; provide student support that improves retention.
* Research other college completion programs and collaborate with other institutions to ensure the College Completion Program at Metropolitan State University of Denver is implementing best practices and informing similar work elsewhere.
* Work with the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs and the Development Office to identify and pursue potential funding, particularly for student scholarships.
* Develop and prepare reports as necessary, including annual reports and reports to funders.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.