Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/14/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1166. Assists in administration, management, and support in all operational, programming and marketing aspects of the customer service area for the Recreational Sports Center and to ensure the health and well-being of all staff and patrons. Services to provide program staff management, facility coverage, and supervision of special events as needed.
- Design and evaluate program-specific marketing plans for Recreational Sports departmental programs including, but not limited to: Aquatics, Club Sports, Customer Service, Equestrian, Fitness, Intramural Sports, Outdoor Pursuits, Special Events, and Youth Programming.
- Develop, review, and approve all promotional materials and activities.
- Hire, train, schedule, and evaluate 2-5 student staff that specialize in marketing/communications, graphic design, and web design/development.
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan annually by research and analyzing market research activities related to user demographics, competitors, geographical emphasis, customer loyalty, and trends in the health club and University recreation industry.
- Department liaison to the University community through communication programs such as The Miami Student, Miami Matters, Summer Orientation, etc.
- Assists with the development, management, and securing of sponsors for the department.
- Coordinate information fairs and presentations for University departments and the community.
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation, and daily upkeep of the department's website.
- Responsible for the department's daily social media presence.
- Assists with facility coverage and other departmental special events at the RSC and Phillips Hall including planning and evaluating; integral part of the Event Management Team.
- Performs duties with limited supervision and is responsible for making significant independent decisions.
- Serves on various RSC and University-wide Marketing committees.
- Attend state, regional, and national conferences/meetings.
- Completes others duties assigned.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, sports management, or related field or Bachelor's degree and equivalent of 3-5 years of experience.
Current CPR and first aid certification or obtain within first 30 days of hire.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
Master's degree in marketing, sports management, or related field.
Experience with computer application programs such as Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver) and/or Illustrator.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.