Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/11/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Prior Learning Specialist serves as the front-line officer for prior learning assessment at Metropolitan State University of Denver. Prior learning assessment at MSU Denver is critically important for many of our non-traditional students who bring professional experience and academic learning that are not captured on a college transcript. Duties include working with all students interested in credit for prior learning; collaborating with faculty, department chairs and deans to enhance and expand the prior learning assessment program; and working at the local, regional and national levels to ensure that the program offered at MSU Denver meets student needs, demonstrates best practices, and serves as a resource in the state.
* Manage all activities of the Prior Learning Assessment program, under the supervision of the Director of the Center for Individualized Learning.
* Work with all students seeking Credit for Prior Learning to advise them of options and assist them in working with faculty and department chairs to assess prior learning as appropriate.
* Enhance the profile campus-wide of the Credit for Prior Learning program, meeting with department chairs, faculty and others to ensure that the program is well understood, and to explore how each department might take advantage of the options provided.
* Explore potential new options in prior learning assessment, including national models, use of outside content experts for assessment, and transfer of prior learning credits from other schools.
* Teach the Portfolio Development Workshop, a correspondence course which supports students developing a prior learning portfolio.
* Represent MSU Denver regionally and nationally and work with others in the field to advance prior learning assessment.
* Gather and analyze data regarding prior learning assessment for annual reports and to develop recommendations to the university for program enhancement.
* Assist the CIL unit in reviewing data, making recommendations and implementing programs related to non-traditional students and adult learners more broadly.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.