Detailed Job Description
The CPE Project Manager applies professional principles, practices, and techniques to design and implement projects that support the work of Continuing Education's Professional Education. This role directly supports the work of the Director in creating, managing, and marketing programs for the CPE team.
Essential Job Functions
1. Researches, designs, and manages projects to support the work of CPE.
2. Manages project development from initiation to closure.
3. Evaluates the project thorough out the process to ensure that outcomes are met.
4. Tracks the status and work accomplished on each project.
5. Works on multiple projects at one time and oversees scheduling and prioritization of work.
6. Produces reports/presentations on project results or status.
7. Synthesizes complex and diverse information and makes recommendations on the course of a project.
8. Addresses project issues with CPE leadership in a timely manner.
9. Maintains records on key data such as finances, students information, or program results
10. Uses technology to support the development and implementation of projects.
11. Proactively communicates with stakeholders on project progress and challenges.
12. Accountable for project results along with project sponsor.
13. Develops improvements for each project's process and shares that knowledge with future projects.
14. Collaborates with marketing as needed for certain projects.
15. Conduct meetings to help with the development through evaluation phases.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree from a regionally accredited institution [required]. Bachelor's degree and or PMI Certification preferred.
2. Experience in designing and managing multiple projects.
3. Experience in working with learning or training related projects.
4. Experience working with promotion or marketing related activities.
5. Experience with program development.
6. Experience with curriculum design.
7. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of developing professional training or learning programs.
2. Knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing, including social media utilization.
3. Knowledge of basic graphic design principles and software.
4. Skilled in the use of personal computers, general office software and related technologies.
5. Skill in effectively communicating orally and in writing.
6. Ability to analyze program operations, solve problems, make sound decisions and create mutually successful solutions.
7. Ability to collect, organize, synthesize and present information in a meaningful manner.
8. Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines and prioritizing changing needs.
9. Ability to prepare and deliver related presentations.
10. Ability to track and analyze financial and budget information.
11. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.