Detailed Job Description
SUMMARY AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Full-time, 12 month appointment assisting with the daily operation of the Athletic Department and overseeing all aspects of Athletic Department compliance with NCAA, NESCAC, College and all other governing body rules regulations, and policies. The Compliance Officer monitors the recruiting process; determines eligibility of athletes; monitors academic performance to ensure continued eligibility; serves as a resource with compliance education materials; and prepares and submits all NCAA and NESCAC paperwork. Title dependent on length and breadth of experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as a member of the Athletics Administrative team;
- Provide leadership for expanding the inclusive culture of the department
- Assist with the daily operation of the athletic department and coordinate various administrative functions within the department;
- Help implement athletic programs and policies;
- Work with other campus constituencies and represent the department to outside entities;
- Oversee all compliance matters relating to initial eligibility for new student-athletes and continuing eligibility for returning and transfer student-athletes including monitoring academic progress;
- Insure institutional compliance with all NCAA & NESCAC guidelines and rules;
- Educate student-athletes, coaches and other staff on NCAA & NESCAC rules and regulations with particular attention to eligibility and recruiting rules;
- Write and submit all NCAA reports in conjunction with the Director of Athletics;
- Update and maintain compliance website; and
- Represent the College at NESCAC and NCAA meetings as appropriate.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Depending on experience and capability, any of the following may also be included:
- Serve as Senior Woman Administrator;
- Oversee department summer camps and clinics;
- Coordinate event management; and/or
- Teach physical education activity class(es)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or comparable professional work experience preferred
- 3- 5 years college athletics compliance experience preferred; general collegiate athletic administration experience desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Intimate knowledge of NCAA DIII rules required
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation online via the link below.
An offer of employment for this position is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Bates College is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and providing an educational and work environment free from discrimination. The college prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses in the recruitment and admission of its students, in the administration of its education policies and programs, or in the recruitment of its faculty and staff. Bates College adheres to all applicable state and federal equal opportunity laws and regulations. All college faculty, staff, students, contractors, visitors, and volunteers are responsible for understanding and complying with the Non-Discrimination Policy.