Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/18/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Los Angeles Community College District
PRESIDENT, EAST LOS ANGELES COLLEGE
The Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President of East Los Angeles College. The Board is seeking a well qualified candidate to provide leadership and advocacy for the college, to be responsible and directly accountable for all college operations, and to be a district team member of the Chancellor’s cabinet.
• A California credential authorizing administrative service at the community college level OR a master’s degree or advanced degree of at least equivalent standard from an accredited college or university. The required degree must be completed at the time of filing an application. An earned doctorate or equivalent terminal degree is preferred.
• Two years of successful full-time experience as a senior manager in business, industry, education, or government, preferably as a senior level college or university administrator.
• A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college faculty, staff and students.
• A medical certificate indicating fitness to engage in administrative work is required for new employees at the applicant’s expense after selection from an eligible list and prior to employment.
The current salary range is $163,292 to $191,732 annually. Employee benefits include 15.5 paid holidays and 24 days paid vacation annually, generous medical/hospital, dental, and vision care plans, and a $50,000 group life insurance policy.
FILING AN APPLICATION
To be considered for the position, please go to our Jobs with the District site at http://apptrkr.com/268232, to review the full brochure for this position and to file the applications packet consisting of the following:
1. A letter of application, preferably five pages or less, which provides examples from background and experience to demonstrate how your knowledge and expertise relate to the position as described in this brochure.
2. A current resume of professional experience, educational background, and other pertinent information.
3. A list of eight references with business and home telephone numbers, including two supervisors, two subordinates (including one support staff member), two faculty, and two community members.
Applicants will be required to file the application using web-based software to create an applicant profile account and save and upload application documents as attachments.
The search committee will begin reviewing applications after November 2, 2012; however, late applications may be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered in the first reading, applications must be submitted by 4:30pm on November 2, 2012. If selected, additional information, such as official transcripts, will be required.
For confidential inquiries or to forward nominations, contact search consultants Community College Search Services:
• Dr. Edward Hernandez at email@example.com or 714.336.1266
• Dr. James Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805.279.0009
LACCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.