Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/14/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Classroom Technology Specialist provides technical assistance with Saint Leo University’s classroom audio, media and videoconferencing systems. The successful candidate supports the operation of videoconferencing services such as the VTT program and classroom technology services by providing facilitation services, end-user support, participating in site coordination, communication, equipment configuration, and operational documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Configure and test VTT components for optimal operation.
• Conduct comprehensive scheduled testing of VTT equipment.
• Conduct and/or coordinate necessary repairs to VTT equipment such as Installation of updates, patches, and bug fixes to VTT equipment.
• Record VTT sessions and make available through websites, CDs or other forms of delivery.
• Install and ensure technical and physical security mechanisms are adequate and operational.
• Develop and update technical documentation as necessary.
• Monitor network throughput and coordinate VTT equipment configuration with SLU network staff.
• Provide technical assistance and support to faculty in the use of VTT equipment.
• Coordinate additional services with equipment manufacturers and third-party service providers.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Submit periodical reports on system utilization, repairs and other related operational issues.
• Maintain inventory of VTT equipment.
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Video Conferencing.
• Proven knowledge and ability installing, troubleshooting, upgrading and documenting media videoconferencing equipment.
• Have significant experience in the customer service industry.
• Comfortable with providing audiovisual services in high-touch, enterprise-level environments.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to direct and supervise student employees in a fair manner.
• Ability to interface effectively with those outside the functional area.
• Flexibility in work hours; some evenings and weekends may be required.
• Travel may be required for off-site support, training or equipment delivery.
• Be able to react with easy solutions to difficult problems on short notice.
• Must be student oriented.
High school diploma or equivalent
A minimum of two years of hands-on experience with classroom technology, videoconferencing or computing services
Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Electronics Engineering Technology, preferred
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.