Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/5/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1110. With direction from the Information Security Officer, the Information Security Analyst performs vulnerability scans as well as application and infrastructure penetration tests against identified IT assets. They will also communicate findings and remediation strategies to the individuals managing those assets, and perform follow up testing to confirm successful remediation. They will assist on additional Security, Compliance, and Risk Management projects as needed.
1. Perform penetration tests against infrastructure and software IT assets.
2. Perform vulnerability scans against IT assets.
3. Communicate findings from penetration tests and vulnerability scans to clients, and work with clients to identify and validate remediation strategies.
4. Produce reports on findings of penetration tests and vulnerability scans on a regular basis for difference audiences, ranging from developers and system administrator to senior management.
5. Assist on other Security, Compliance, and Risk Management projects.
6. May occasionally teach one credit bearing course per semester on an as needed basis.
7. Participate in cross-functional projects and teams.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Analysis, Computer Science, or related field by date of hire and 1+ year of demonstrated experience performing penetration tests, or
- Bachelor's degree in another field by date of hire and 2+ years of demonstrated experience performing penetration tests, or
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience performing penetration tests
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
1+ year of experience regularly using penetration testing tools such as Metasploit, Burp Suite, and Core Impact.
1+ year of experience regularly using network discovery tools such as nmap and zmap.
1+ year of experience regularly using password cracking tools such as ophcrack and John the Ripper.
1+ year of experience regularly using vulnerability scanning tools such as Nessus, Nexpose, and Qualys VM.
Possess security certifications, especially GPEN, CEH, or ECSA.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience summarizing technical information for non-technical audiences.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.