Detailed Job Description
Facilitates curriculum development and the advancement of workforce training programs. Facilitates demand-driven training with business/industry, economic development, partners and academic and discipline faculty. Supervises and assists with the development of grants and special projects to address workforce training needs in the region.
1. Supervise and assist as needed with the development and design of demand driven workforce curriculum programs.
2. Assist the Vice President of Workforce in developing and maintaining partnerships with employers, unions, and other agencies throughout the region to maximize opportunities for training, grant initiatives, and partnerships.
3. In collaboration with the academic divisions, identify, develop and design relevant workforce curriculum and community education programming to advance the implementation of prior learning assessment (PLA).
4. Facilitate the integration of assessment practices for continuous quality improvement in workforce area.
5. Provide operational leadership and oversight in managing day-to-day activities within the Workforce Development Division.
6. Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding workforce development and continuing education issues including attending relevant training/ conferences.
7. Travel to other relevant community venues as support of workforce training activities as required.
8. Develop employer relationships to promote revenue-generating opportunities.
9. Maintain strong relationships with internal and external community.
10. Oversee the development of new initiatives within the Workforce Development Division (ie. Career Link, CTC collaborative, Certified Testing Center, etc.).
11. Work collaboratively with marketing personnel to promote workforce training throughout the region.
12. Oversee the planning production and publication of both printed and computerized curriculum materials/ course syllabi.
13. Evaluate effectiveness of non-credit programs and make recommendations for improvement.
14. Establish course offerings consistent with identified industry needs.
15. Recruit and evaluate non-credit instructors with support from the program staff.
16. Facilitate the integration of credit and non-credit programs.
17. Oversee the implementation of various training formats in non-credit programs.
18. Represent the Vice President for Workforce Development as requested at college and community events.
19. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Master Degree in a related field (Doctorate preferred) and a minimum of eight years experience in academic and curriculum development in workforce learning. Strong commitment to demand-driven workforce training model. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience with budget responsibilities required. Experience in a union environment preferred.
20 - min. $92,371
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 1, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Position located at:
West Hills Center
1000 McKee Road
Oakdale, PA 15071
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) and its Board of Trustees are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment for all. College conforms to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment. The College CCAC does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry or place of birth, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, use of a guide or support animal due to disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran status, or age or use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical disability of any individual. Creating, supporting and sustaining a diverse community prepare our students to be effective in the world outside of CCAC.
The College also prohibits and will not engage in retaliation against any person who in good faith reports a violation of this policy, makes a claim of discrimination or harassment, provides information in an investigation of a potential violation of this policy, or otherwise engages in protected activity under the law. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
College conforms to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment.