Detailed Job Description
Provides routine advice and guidance to prospective and current
customers while handling day-to-day student registration. Ensures
student and client satisfaction by providing a high level of internal
and external customer service.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responds to a high volume of inbound telephone and electronic
inquiries from prospective Bilingual (English/Spanish) customers.
2. Conducts high volume of outbound calling campaigns.
3. Conducts follow-up calls/emails to previous inquires.
4. Responds to walk-in clients or current students.
5. Assesses client needs to promote and up-sell programs/services.
6. Advises and educates clients/students using a consultative selling
7. Advises international students regarding F-1 Visas and secures
the appropriate paperwork required by SEVIS.
8. Builds relationships with international agents to generate
enrollment for the Intensive English Program.
9. Ensures all prospective students receive appropriate program
information by mail/email or by referral to website.
10. Guides clients through the registration process, secures student
enrollment, and processes payments.
11. Inputs prospect and/or registration information into the Student
12. Ensures clients' contact information in the Student Learning
System is accurate and up to date.
13. Maintains student record databases.
14. Takes initiative to research, analyze, and resolve client/students
issues, concerns and complaints.
15. Processes course cancellations, student transfers, and student
16. Screens inbound calls for corporate sales opportunities.
17. Creates email blasts for all program areas using Constant
18. Takes initiative to come up with innovative marketing strategies
to increase student enrollment.
19. Supports clerical activities of the center. Types and edits a
broad range of correspondence, documents, and reports.
20. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English
3. Customer Service experience preferably in a call enter environment.
4. Strong consultative sales and service experience.
5. Experience in advising educational and career programs in
an educational setting, especially as it pertains to international
6. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
7. Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Ability effectively handle multiple tasks while providing superior
customer service in a very fast-paced environment.
2. Ability to use critical thinking skills as it relates to resolving
3. Ability to operate a PC and skill in using Microsoft Office including
Word and Excel.
4. Proficient in data entry.
5. Ability to communicate and listen effectively.
6. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the
needs of diverse student populations.
$15.12 per hour
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.