Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/1/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is part of the Registration and Records Team in the Office of the Registrar, and it is one of three positions which are collectively responsible for: managing student registration and record adjustments, managing the MSU Denver transcript ordering system, certifying enrollment verification requests, administering the course grading process, advising faculty and staff on University policies and procedures, troubleshooting issues encountered with student records and registration processes, and assisting with general customer service operations in the office. This position relies heavily upon a functional knowledge of and ability to manage multiple technical systems, including the student information system, government databases, and third party software systems.
20%- Transcript Requests and Modifications:
• Maintains MSU Denver’s electronic transcript software, which includes monitoring daily transcript request fulfillment and manually processes requests that cannot be fulfilled automatically. Manual processing requires adjusting the student record at times to ensure all data is accurate, in particular recalculation of transfer credit from the legacy system.
• Collaborates with the vendor to reconcile issues for the online transcript request.
20% Certification of Enrollment:
• Certifies enrollment to third party constituents, individual student requests or certifies academic standing reports for various constituents after receiving consent from a student. This position sets the parameters, runs, and submits monthly reports of enrolled students to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) for the U.S. Department of Education National Student Loan Data Systems (NSLDS). This position is responsible to address data errors through research. This requires an in-depth knowledge of the student data and how the data is extracted to the system.
• Works with the Athletic department by reporting enrollment, final grades, and degree progress to ensure the University is NCAA compliant.
20% – Registration and Record Adjustment:
• Researches and addresses registration and records discrepancies, which are numerous and varied. This work requires an extensive knowledge of the Student Information System, in addition to a comprehensive understanding of the University’s, policies and procedures.
• Records adjustments. This includes major changes, institutional corrections, section switches, departmental requests, alternative credit assignments, biographical information changes, etc.
• Advises MSU Denver constituents (i.e., faculty, staff, students, and third party individuals or agencies) on inquiries regarding official student records and other academic processes, and acting as a liaison to ensure all constituent concerns are addressed.
20% – Customer Service and Office Support:
• Supports other individuals on the Registration and Records team and the Office of the Registrar as necessary. This work includes assisting with inquiries at the front counter and answering phones, particularly with the aim on increasing effectiveness and efficiencies in customer service.
• Assists in training student workers in formal training sessions and on a daily basis.
15% – Grade Reporting, Changes, and Exceptions:
• Administers the grade reporting process for all MSU Denver and host institution courses. Advises faculty on the electronic grade reporting process, and troubleshoots when necessary. Approves grade changes through the Banner Workflow system, and in some cases, enters grades manually in the system. Queries for errors and missing grades. Collaborates with the academic departments to ensure all grades are submitted in a timely manner.
• Collaborates with CU Denver and the Community College of Denver to exchange grades for all pooled and inter-institutional courses. Collects and processes final grades and grade changes from CU and CCD.
• Reviews Pass/Fail applications for adherence to grade policies, and approves or denies accordingly. Processes Pass/Fail approvals in the SIS; meanwhile, justifies rationale for denials to respective students.
5% – Special Requests for Education Records:
• Acts as a liaison between MSU Denver and third parties (e.g. law offices) requesting complete or partial education records when the student has signed a record release form. Collaborates with other campus offices to collect and distribute requested information.
• Researches past and present MSU Denver course catalogs for course description requests.
The duties and responsibilities require the position to work with the Systems area within the Office of the Registrar or software system vendor to test SIS during upgrades, for any system add-ons, or in some cases due to regulatory changes. This will ensure that all systems are operational. This position will be required to obtain exception reports to capture errors and to generate data used in annual reports and strategic plans. In addition, will provide departmental training. This area will also assist training other University departments on FERPA, registration, and record keeping.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (two years of experience equals one year of education).
2. One year experience working in a high volume work environment.
3. Possess error-free written communication skills
4. Two or more years of experience using Microsoft Office, Power Point, and PC operating systems.
5. Experience providing customer service.
6. Experience working with diverse populations.
1. Prior experience working in higher education.
2. Experience working with Banner student information system.
3. Experience conducting workshops or training.
4. Experience working in compliance with rules of FERPA and confidentiality.
5. Excellent attention to detail.
6. Ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions.
7. Must have excellent oral communication skills.
Requesting exemption for current, vacant classified position C00225.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.