Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/5/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position exists to provide technical and administrative support to the Senior Project Manager and Program Navigator, and to manage the day-to-day project operations for the Colorado Helps Advanced Manufacturing Program (CHAMP). The individual should be people-oriented, have good writing, communication and interpersonal skills. The individual should have strong multitasking skills, initiative, and enthusiasm for serving a diverse population in a busy environment. This position is responsible for providing a broad range of support including, but not limited to, the following: preparing and submitting required grant reports, creating and strengthening industry relationships, planning and running events related to the grant, producing documents, assisting Senior Project Manager, Program Navigator, and faculty with various tasks as necessary. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager.
This position is responsible for the following duties:
1. 20% – Track and manage the expenses and activity for the grant operating budget; ensure correct management of funds, as well as compliance with MSU Denver’s Account Payable procedures and requirements; manage CHAMP procurement card purchases and monthly reallocation of expenses;
2. 20% – Assist in writing all required reports, creating, revising, interpreting and implementing policies and procedures;
3. 20% – Maintain and develop as needed databases for tracking information data (i.e., student status for certificates, class schedules, personnel data, staff and faculty schedules; budgets, material orders, etc.), create and maintain documents and spreadsheets with Microsoft Office software and IBM Kognos for data tracking;
4. 20% – General Administrative Duties including: maintaining filing systems, providing general clerical support, organizing departmental files in shared drive, managing office inventory and supply orders, updating and maintaining the CHAMP and Department of Engineering Technology website;
5. 10% – Plan and coordinate catering, technical equipment and invitations to program events and meetings. Staff the office, greet, welcome and assist all guests, answer the general incoming phone line;
6. 5% – Assisting CHAMP Lab Technician and assisting with the lab as needed;
7. 5% – Other duties assigned as needed.
AA/AS degree in engineering or administrative related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience( Note: If you do not have a degree and will use education equivalency – one year of education is equal to two years of experience).
Must also have one year of general clerical, administrative or customer service experience.
Conference, workshop, and meeting planning experience.
Knowledge/experience of office equipment and programs: MS Office suite, IBM Kognos and/or Banner, multi-line phone system, scanner, fax, copiers, and printers.
Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Strong communication skills (written, non-verbal and interpersonal).
Experience providing customer service in an educational environment.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with problem-solving; possess strong and effective ability to determine solutions to complex problems and issues. Previous accounts payable or budgeting experience.
Previous experience planning events including sending out invitations and coordinating catering.
Familiar with academic working environment and lab environment. Experience or ability to update and maintain department website.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com. Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.